Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying the spark

Sparky786

Join
Sep 8, 2017
Hi,,Complete new to drones, can i learn to fly the spark in my garden,? Its preety open space?
Does it work well with wind and rain?

Yes, it is a good idea to practice first. Don't go too high and learn step by step.

Flying with wind is ok but I would recommend you practice first with no or low wind. When the GPS signal is ok and compass working fine, it flight very well in wind but if you get an issue, the Spark will turn to what is called ATTI mode and you will be in full manual control of it. So it will not stay at its position if there is wind and will quickly drift. Usually there is some panic at that moment and without proper training it is hard to get it back. So crash or fly away are usually end of such situation.

Under small rain, it can survive but on long term camera, electronic, motors and rain are not a good combination.

Yes, it is a good idea to practice first. Don't go too high and learn step by step.

Flying with wind is ok but I would recommend you practice first with no or low wind. When the GPS signal is ok and compass working fine, it flight very well in wind but if you get an issue, the Spark will turn to what is called ATTI mode and you will be in full manual control of it. So it will not stay at its position if there is wind and will quickly drift. Usually there is some panic at that moment and without proper training it is hard to get it back. So crash or fly away are usually end of such situation.

Under small rain, it can survive but on long term camera, electronic, motors and rain are not a good combination.
Thanks mate very helpfull, also is there an emergency button to stop the drone? It says u can leave the button and it will just hoover?
Very importantly how do i set home point so it returns back?
Hows the diatance and heigjt?
Im new so really scared to fly it.tnx for your help

Leave the sticks and it should stop (it need to brake first). The dangerous moment will be after a few flight when you feel confident too early ;)

Don't use the SPORT mode switch before being trained and in a really open space, it is really very fast.

Home point is set automatically at take off. Just lift it up for a few meters and it should blink green. There should be also a message in the Go4 app, home point recorded.
If you fly it at short distance (< 20 meters of home point), note that the RTH (Return to home) automatic or by the button on RC (Radio Controller) the Spark will not go to home point but just land where it is! The Spark position can still be adjusted horizontally when it goes down and you have a PAUSE button on the RC.

Set the beginner mode in the Go4 app in the MC settings and start with limitation like 30m distance and 10m height, adjust it as per your garden size. Important is to have a good GPS signal and home point recorded.

You cannot control the Spark if it fly behind objects, including tree, so always keep a direct line of sight to it.

Don't hesitate to ask here if you have any doubt. Better be careful, but at the end your own experience is invaluable.

Leave the sticks and it should stop (it need to brake first). The dangerous moment will be after a few flight when you feel confident too early ;)

Don't use the SPORT mode switch before being trained and in a really open space, it is really very fast.

Home point is set automatically at take off. Just lift it up for a few meters and it should blink green. There should be also a message in the Go4 app, home point recorded.
If you fly it at short distance (< 20 meters of home point), note that the RTH (Return to home) automatic or by the button on RC (Radio Controller) the Spark will not go to home point but just land where it is! The Spark position can still be adjusted horizontally when it goes down and you have a PAUSE button on the RC.

Set the beginner mode in the Go4 app in the MC settings and start with limitation like 30m distance and 10m height, adjust it as per your garden size. Important is to have a good GPS signal and home point recorded.

You cannot control the Spark if it fly behind objects, including tree, so always keep a direct line of sight to it.

Don't hesitate to ask here if you have any doubt. Better be careful, but at the end your own experience is invaluable.
Thank u so much..this info is so usefull.i will txt u if i need to know anything.also i jave insurance on it, where if it flys away or gets lost or stolen or damaged the insurance pay for it, o thut i will use the insurance for 2 mnth or so for £8 month

Thank u so much..this info is so usefull.i will txt u if i need to know anything.also i jave insurance on it, where if it flys away or gets lost or stolen or damaged the insurance pay for it, o thut i will use the insurance for 2 mnth or so for £8 month
You are welcome, hope you will not need your inssurance.

Reactions: Sparky786
Hi,
Don't use it in heavy rain or snow as moisture may build up around the ground sensor and give the drone an incorrect height.This was nearly disastrous for me as the drone though it was 0.3 m off the ground when in reality it was over 50m and the drone was a critically low battery.I was able to bring it down to about 20m off the ground until it lost all power and began plummetting to the ground.Fortunately, it landed in a pile of snow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers