Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First long distance flight

bath1968

Join
Aug 22, 2017
DJI_0011.JPG DJI_0014.JPG DJI_0015.JPG
Earlier today done my first long distance flight, 490m in distance.
Felt a bit nervous:eek: but had no issues what so ever, really pleased.:)
Took a couple of pics on way back.
Running,
Latest firmware
DJI Go 4.15
Latest Android
Sony Xperia ZX
OTG

Reactions: BlancoRob
Nice what altitude did you fly at?

CE, I did try the hack but couldn't get it to work, so I'm still in CE. I Stopped at 490m
as it was the furthest distance I had done so bottled it[emoji33][emoji23]

Reactions: rich777
I furthest was a bit over 1km away, 52m up. Just flew until loss of transmission and RTH kicks it. First time is always scary. The higher you fly, the less interference (trees, buildings, etc) and the further away it can go before it cuts out, just make sure you follow high restrictions in the area.

I bought mine from napkins. All updated only fly's 150 max. Just done the FCC mod and got 300 no problems. Yet to go further. Is yours on CE or FCC assuming your in the UK?

I have read somewhere that the newer made sparks come with less powerful transmitters for the EU.

Maybe yours is an older one ? Where did you buy it from ?

Bet of a con for the distance DJI claim just hoping the FCC mod will give me 600m of stable transmission or its going back.

Otherwise I love my spark

... Just done the FCC mod...

Hey @Robleedroid , what do you mean by doing the FCC mod? Sorry to bother you with this question, are you talking about nolimitdronez, or about modified android GO4 app? I used search but couldn't find anything on this topic and I'm curious about that :rolleyes:

Flew mine 2.4km into a strong headwind yesterday for an easy return flight. Handled it no issue. Furthest Ive been was 3.3km in no wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe