Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware update problem).

Hello ,
I'm getting tired of trying to solve the problems I have with DJI, I've never been able to use the DJI assistant 2 although it's been well downloaded, but every time I open it I always get a windows with a mension "how to connect inspire 2" and when I try to connect the craft, noting else happen, I also try to connect my Spark, but I can't go any further that opening window, I wish to be able to upgrade the firmware. I also tried to use for upgrading the DJI Go 4 but after choosing the craft name Spark, it ask for the password, I write the password, that is written behind the battery compartment, and I get "incorrect password for Spark 454e6d. Really I'm very confuse, I work with OS Windows 8.1 what could be wrong HELP. Thanks
Hi
Yes for sure a pain. At first DJI assistant didn't worked on my laptop and was working on my desktop, just no sense. At the end it was only a matter of enabling DJI assistant 2 in the firewall and then it detected the Spark ! That was on Windows 7 through Control Panel / Firewall. For any reason during installation it didn't set it. There is also another entry for the DJI simulator but that would not prevent you to see your Spark..

C:\program files (x86)\dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant\root.exe
Capture75.PNG

You should get that:
Capture74.PNG

That did the trick for me.
And yes, using DJI assistant for update of Spark and batteries is the right way. Only the RC should be done through the Go4 app and wifi.

Hi
Yes for sure a pain. At first DJI assistant didn't worked on my laptop and was working on my desktop, just no sense. At the end it was only a matter of enabling DJI assistant 2 in the firewall and then it detected the Spark ! That was on Windows 7 through Control Panel / Firewall. For any reason during installation it didn't set it. There is also another entry for the DJI simulator but that would not prevent you to see your Spark..

View attachment 1101

You should get that:
View attachment 1100

That did the trick for me.
And yes, using DJI assistant for update of Spark and batteries is the right way. Only the RC should be done through the Go4 app and wifi.
Thanks very much for your help... the problem I couldn't find that "assistant application" should it be in windows 8.1 just the same? if so where it could be? Do I have to download the software after cancelling firewall?

In Windows 7:
Control Panel / Windows Firewall / Allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall / Allow another program ... / Browze /
C:\program files (x86)\dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant /
Select root.exe and press OPEN /
Press Add
If it says it is already set, then check that the Cross is made under Home/Work (Private) and Public

The program to add:

During all the installation I made for DJI Assistant 2, there was never a popup windows asking to allow it in firewall, where on the desktop there was. No idea why.

In addition to this one, I have:

DJISimulatorUI
C:\program files (x86)\djisimulator\djisimulatorui.exe

But I don't think it plays a role in connecting the Spark.

Reactions: Jean-Claude Picard
In Windows 7:
Control Panel / Windows Firewall / Allow programs to communicate through Windows Firewall / Allow another program ... / Browze /
C:\program files (x86)\dji product\dji assistant 2\assistant /
Select root.exe and press OPEN /
Press Add
If it says it is already set, then check that the Cross is made under Home/Work (Private) and Public

The program to add:

During all the installation I made for DJI Assistant 2, there was never a popup windows asking to allow it in firewall, where on the desktop there was. No idea why.

In addition to this one, I have:

DJISimulatorUI
C:\program files (x86)\djisimulator\djisimulatorui.exe

But I don't think it plays a role in connecting the Spark.
Thanks again, you've been of great help, I decided to download the assistant 2 on my laptop that has windows 7, and everything worked well. Now I try to upgrade the firmware on the controller, unfortunately that doesn't work, for when I chose Spark in the wi-fi setting it says " no internet connection" idon't understand for it work before, have any idea what i have done wrong?

Controller firmware can only be updated by the GO4 app, not by assistant.

Did you do the "network dance"?
You need to connect to the RC, go in the update menu, select version, click download, it will error becasue of no connection, disconnect from RC wifi to select a network with internet connectivity, click download again, once it's downloaded connect to the RC wifi again and click update.

Reactions: The Editor
You need to connect to the RC, go in the update menu, select version, click download, it will error becasue of no connection, disconnect from RC wifi to select a network with internet connectivity, click download again, once it's downloaded connect to the RC wifi again and click update.
This has replaced the compass dance. :rolleyes:

What is that network dance? and where is that update menu? Sorry I'm confuse!

I think he means that with wifi, only one connection is possible at a given time. So either the wifi of your phone is connected to the Spark or to your hotspot for internet connectivity (if you use cellular data instead of wifi for internet, the phone still think that internet will be provided by the Spark and it cannot).
When it comes to firmware update, the Go4 app need first to be connected to the Spark to see what version it has. Then Go4 app remember what versions was on the server last time it got internet connectivity. It propose the list of possible firmware up/downgrade. If you say upgrade, then it needs to download the firmware you selected. So you need to disconnect the wifi of phone from Spark and connect to internet. Download is done by Go4 app and then again it needs to connect to the Spark. So wifi need to be reconnected to the Spark so the Go4 app can update it.

I say the Spark but it is recommended to update the Spark and batteries through the DJI assistant 2 program using a computer. The RC can only be updated through the Go4 app.

Does the RC need to be connected to the spark for the battery update?
No, the recommended way for update is DJI assistant 2 software on a computer. This for the Spark and batteries.
The RC can only be updated through wifi connection and the Go4 app.

No, the recommended way for update is DJI assistant 2 software on a computer. This for the Spark and batteries.
The RC can only be updated through wifi connection and the Go4 app.

My Spark arrived today, my first drone. I discovered the DJI "Dance" and worked it out for myself. I couldn't however update my controller firmware, it would start and get to 5% on the progress bar and get stuck there - I checked web - if anyone using is using the Android gets the same problem uninstall the latest app, install an earlier one and it will work, then update to the latest one again.

My Spark arrived today, my first drone. I discovered the DJI "Dance" and worked it out for myself. I couldn't however update my controller firmware, it would start and get to 5% on the progress bar and get stuck there - I checked web - if anyone using is using the Android gets the same problem uninstall the latest app, install an earlier one and it will work, then update to the latest one again.
Some said that they had issue with 4.1.8 and they used an iphone to do the job.
Also the Spark and battery are recommended to be upgraded using the DJI assistant 2 software. Only the RC must be updated through the Go4 app, no choice.

Reactions: Michael Kristiansen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers