Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Firmware update problem).

bikemonster

Join
Jun 28, 2017
Updated the latest firmware to Spark, RC, and battery via wifi. Rebooted Spark, everything worked fine. Tried to update 2 more batteries but got "Cannot Take Off" in red at top of screen. Check on aircraft status page got "Unknown error (code:129) Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support." Will not start up with these 2 batteries. Any suggestions?

That error is due to the batteries that aren't updated. I had to exit the app and reconnect for battery 2 and 3 to update this morning. It should force the update on the main dji screen.

Are you getting an error signal with the led lights on the battery? I got two solid middle lights, which will not turn off. I am told I need to update battery firmware with battery inserted in the drone (as opposed to charging with the charging hub). Have not tried yet, but hopefully that will do it.

Batteries have to be updated on the aircraft. Found it best to shut everything down and start over from scratch for each battery as if you're heading out to fly. Just give it a minute to complete the version check and it should prompt you to do the upgrade.

Reactions: asaulo1
Thanks everyone. I am traveling and have only my IOS equipment. Can't use Assistant 2 to update other two batteries. In the past would get "inconsistent firmware" notice and would be able to update batteries with DJI Go 4 app via wifi. Will not let me do this with this update. Will have to wait to get home to my computer to update other 2 batteries I guess.

Over on the DJI forum this issue has been discussed. It appears that after updating to latest firmware with DJI Go 4, if you have additional batteries, they need to be updated with DJI Assistant. Not sure if this happens with everybody, but it does with quite a few. That's a fine howdy do.

Completed the latest update a couple of hours ago. On start up with each battery i got the "incompatible/(inconsistent) firmware" notice. Was prompted to update which I did through the app with no problem .

Problem Solved. Found that DJI Go made me update Spark, RC, one battery but didin't update itself to the latest 4.1.7 version. Couldn't update extra batteries. As soon as the Go app updated to the newest version I could update extra batteries through the DJI Go app through wifi. Had to wait a day for the App Store to update DJI Go. Could not force an update to 4.1. 7. With the new DJI Go update, extra batteries indicated "inconsistent firmware" and then could be updated in the normal way. Was frustrating at the time. Very curious.

Reactions: Dronason
Soo im having the same issue. I updated this morning and everything went fine and dandy on one battery, then I tried to update the other batteries and all I get is the message about the upcoming update and do I want to ignore or I know, click I know.....and nothing. Just says cant take off. I dont have dji assistant (windows) so what are my options? I leave for vacation monday soooo I need help!!

Check out what version of DJI Go you have. It's possible Spark, RC and battery were updated without the DJI Go updating. Make sure you have version 4.1.7 on your mobile device. If you don't, you'll just have to wait till it downloads so that you'll be able to upgrade additional batteries with DJI Go through wifi.

Reactions: N3M3SIS2ALL
Check out what version of DJI Go you have. It's possible Spark, RC and battery were updated without the DJI Go updating. Make sure you have version 4.1.7 on your mobile device. If you don't, you'll just have to wait till it downloads so that you'll be able to upgrade additional batteries with DJI Go through wifi.

Just checked, its 4.1.5, checked for updates and said up to date. Which is weird because my first battery updated and is working just not the other 2 batteries. So I guess the update I just did wasnt the newest one either. But either way thanks for the input, ill keep checking for updates

This is such ******** I'm having the same problem I am on vacation I do not have a computer or an access to DJI go assist. I updated my RC my spark and my no fly zone One battery was updated during the whole entire process but the other two cannot be updated through DJI go 4 when I go to the splash screen it says everything is up to date when I go to go to fly it says aircraft cannot take off the warning says incompatibility with battery please update when I go back to the splash screen it does it's check again and says everything is still up to date I am on the latest version of Android DJI go 4 version 4.1.5 I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI go 4 app I've started the spark multiple times with the two different batteries I've tried it with the OTG cable and without the cable I've tried every way of starting it up from starting the remote first to starting the spark first two starting DJI go first nothing has worked and I just want to be able to go out and fly in a couple different spots without having to keep running back to my hotel room and charging my battery

Sent from my SM-G930P using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Just checked, its 4.1.5, checked for updates and said up to date. Which is weird because my first battery updated and is working just not the other 2 batteries. So I guess the update I just did wasnt the newest one either. But either way thanks for the input, ill keep checking for updates
That's exactly what happened to me. It's like the App Store is behind in upgrading. I waited one day, app upgraded to version 4.1.7 automatically then I was able to upgrade 2 additional batteries. As a side note, I chatted with DJI support and they were clueless. Wouldn't even tell me what error code 129 was. They were useless.

Thanks everyone. I am traveling and have only my IOS equipment. Can't use Assistant 2 to update other two batteries. In the past would get "inconsistent firmware" notice and would be able to update batteries with DJI Go 4 app via wifi. Will not let me do this with this update. Will have to wait to get home to my computer to update other 2 batteries I guess.

I just had Inconsistant and then incompatible update via assistent2 today doing the 0600 update. Shut everything down, tried again and it then worked

Updated the latest firmware to Spark, RC, and battery via wifi. Rebooted Spark, everything worked fine. Tried to update 2 more batteries but got "Cannot Take Off" in red at top of screen. Check on aircraft status page got "Unknown error (code:129) Cannot takeoff. Contact DJI support." Will not start up with these 2 batteries. Any suggestions?
I did all this firmware and everything correct now cannot start up my spark have spent 8 hrs with the tech on their chat and they don't seem to have any idea does anyone else because right now I have an expensive piece of junk

I did all this firmware and everything correct now cannot start up my spark have spent 8 hrs with the tech on their chat and they don't seem to have any idea does anyone else because right now I have an expensive piece of junk
Can you elaborate a little more.
Any messages ?
Are you using the RC ?
Android / IOS ?
Are you using the latest Go4 app ?
How did you have done the update, using DJI assistant 2 and a computer or all through the Go4 app (connected using cable or wifi, with the RC or not) ?
Are you sure your battery has been updated ? (at least the one you use to try to start the Spark)
Did you updated all your batteries ?

We will be happy to help you.

Can you elaborate a little more.
Any messages ?
Are you using the RC ?
Android / IOS ?
Are you using the latest Go4 app ?
How did you have done the update, using DJI assistant 2 and a computer or all through the Go4 app (connected using cable or wifi, with the RC or not) ?
Are you sure your battery has been updated ? (at least the one you use to try to start the Spark)
Did you updated all your batteries ?

We will be happy to help you.
Hello ,
I'm getting tired of trying to solve the problems I have with DJI, I've never been able to use the DJI assistant 2 although it's been well downloaded, but every time I open it I always get a windows with a mension "how to connect inspire 2" and when I try to connect the craft, noting else happen, I also try to connect my Spark, but I can't go any further that opening window, I wish to be able to upgrade the firmware. I also tried to use for upgrading the DJI Go 4 but after choosing the craft name Spark, it ask for the password, I write the password, that is written behind the battery compartment, and I get "incorrect password for Spark 454e6d. Really I'm very confuse, I work with OS Windows 8.1 what could be wrong HELP. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh