Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

eBay scam? Thoughts?

Stevan

Join
Nov 27, 2017
Fell daft even asking this but...I've seen a few Mavic's and even platinum's on eBay, new, buy it now for £450-£500. All the sellers have been the same 1 feedback and based abroad.

Everything screams scam to me or gray market, Stolen, fake? Either way I'm tempted to take a punt, eBay buyer protection is pretty good? Hahah

Thoughts?

IMG_0794.PNG IMG_0795.PNG

Well, if you suspect it, and nothing better to do with your $$, I’ll give you my email address and you can pop some $$ my way. Jus say’n! [emoji857]

Haha I know, I know seems too good to be true

Reactions: les.warden
Fell daft even asking this but...I've seen a few Mavic's and even platinum's on eBay, new, buy it now for £450-£500. All the sellers have been the same 1 feedback and based abroad.

Everything screams scam to me or gray market, Stolen, fake? Either way I'm tempted to take a punt, eBay buyer protection is pretty good? Hahah

Thoughts?

View attachment 4383 View attachment 4384

Caveat emotor...

Anything that seems too good to be true, usually is :)

Hi ,-- first post on here !
I put in a bid for a combo spark -- it was as you describe a seller with only one other ( satisfied ) costumer The item was being sold by someone in Australia . They gave the location as a small village in North Wales ( U.K. ) so happens i know this village -- been through it many times...
Placed a bid & won. After a few days no mention of dispatch so sent an Email. no response so a couple of days later sent a further Email -- no response. By this time ( 10 days ) i decided to invoke the Ebay refund. They looked into it & agreed it was a scam & i received a full refund. i reported the web site & it disappeared--- to be replaced with an identical one ! again i reported the site ( they had it repeated 4 times in the spark pages ) they ALL disappeared.............

Reactions: Stevan and Gaallen
Yeah sounds like the exact same scam, I guess if anything this can act as a PSA.

* warning * Fradulent DJI equipment for sale on eBay, always check sellers feedback and join date!

:D:rolleyes:

Reactions: pmshop
Remember you are buying the seller. Not a chance could I buy that from someone that didn’t have any kind of rating. If you ever have a suspicion asked the seller to take a picture of the item with the daily newspaper ( or something that would confirm the date )to confirm you authenticity of it. There are some good people on eBay but you have to be very careful. If I were you I would only buy mint as there are so many choices. Good luck

somebody might be scamming but they will soon find out ebay is the wrong place to try it I believe with ebay and pay pal I have had a scam pulled on me one time and they got my money back (just saying)

I'm not sure if it's a scam but that is what it costs over here in south east asia. a fly more combo spark is about £350. a mavic pro combo is about £550.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh