Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone repair question

SparkyNate

Join
Apr 28, 2018
I was attempting to catch my spark out of gesture mode completely my fault and basically got a finger in a prop and it fell upside down on the cement.
Only thing wrong was the motor shaft was bent,and the arm although not cracked had that white stressed plastic look,so I sent to DJI and they sent bill with 9.00 motor replacement and 65.00 labor. So I paid the bill and was worried that they didn’t replace the lower half with the arm but I noticed the unit they sent (don’t have it yet) the invoice says a different serial number then mine? Does that mean they just gave me a refurbished unit? Would a refurbished one be same shape as mine (not a mark on it)? Perfect really.
I would also like to state I have read a lot of negive about dji and there repair practices,I own a spark,Mavic Pro and a phantom 3se,I have sent the phantom in as well and although this is only my second experience with there repair dept it has been nothing but fast and positive! $65 an hour? Well I can’t solder nor do I have the patience or time so I will gladly pay it! Thanks in advance!!

I noticed the unit they sent (don’t have it yet) the invoice says a different serial number then mine? Does that mean they just gave me a refurbished unit?
Yes. They normally send refurbished drones back instead of fixing the original drone and returning it.

Absolutely!! This is prob my favorite drone simply because it’s fun,fast,super easy to transport around,I love my Mavic but the spark has more personality and is very capable it’s so much more then a “selfie drone”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme