Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drifting issue (please help!!)

Drift can be an over sensitive controller.
I found myself watching the F{V feed so intensely that my throttle hand would ever so slightly start moving to the right instead of straight.
I finally got into the controller with the DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2 hack and changed the expos for YAW and Roll.
Now it takes a lot more effort to turn/ slide the craft instead of the slightest input YAWing or Rolling

Reactions: horton
Drift can be an over sensitive controller.
I found myself watching the F{V feed so intensely that my throttle hand would ever so slightly start moving to the right instead of straight.
I finally got into the controller with the DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2 hack and changed the expos for YAW and Roll.
Now it takes a lot more effort to turn/ slide the craft instead of the slightest input YAWing or Rolling
Thanks mate might use that method, 2 questions... 1: how do you install dji assistant 2? 2: is it a good idea to fly the spark over water, is it safe?

Thanks
Logan H

Thanks mate might use that method, 2 questions... 1: how do you install dji assistant 2? 2: is it a good idea to fly the spark over water, is it safe?

Thanks
Logan H
Follow this tutorial and be careful
You need to have the controller on to do it
Basic settings then controller tab across the top
There you will see expo settings (3 diagonal lines with curves)
The higher the expo number for YAW and Roll only, the more you have to move your sticks to respond.
Closing saves.

Yes it is safe to fly over water IF you are ready for the "dip".
The Visual Positioning System (VPS) does not like reflective surfaces.
So the closer you are to the water, the more likely it will want to get closer too.
Just give it some altitude and you will be OK.
Do not take your eyes off of the craft over water.
It only takes a second to miss seeing "the dip" and by the time you look up...it is too late.

Reactions: Spark 317
Follow this tutorial and be careful
You need to have the controller on to do it
Basic settings then controller tab across the top
There you will see expo settings (3 diagonal lines with curves)
The higher the expo number for YAW and Roll only, the more you have to move your sticks to respond.
Closing saves.

Yes it is safe to fly over water IF you are ready for the "dip".
The Visual Positioning System (VPS) does not like reflective surfaces.
So the closer you are to the water, the more likely it will want to get closer too.
Just give it some altitude and you will be OK.
Do not take your eyes off of the craft over water.
It only takes a second to miss seeing "the dip" and by the time you look up...it is too late.

Well this is VERY cool and useful.
Thank you!

Reactions: pmshop
Is it normal for my spark to drift to the side (mostly to the right) when it's not hovering in one place (going forward) mine seems to not correct it's course making me having to correct it manually. To be more specific when I'm going forward only it seems to drift to the right and ends up not going in one direction when going faster than 20kph. It does not do this when it hovers as the vision sensors keep it in place. I have calibrated the remote, imu sensors, and compass and the problem continues help would be greatly appreciated
Ps: how do you change the WiFi signal from 5.6G to 2.4G

I think that I also have this problem.

Every video ends up with me having to turn left as I get closer to the target subject, regardless of wind strength and direction.

It's as if the Spark is crabbing slightly to the right. I don't think that it's yaw, as the track is always a straight line, not curved.

I've just re-calibrated my RC, I'll see whether this makes any difference. It's a bit difficult for me to check as where I live the opportunities for a long straight line track are limited.

I usually notice it when I've been somewhere where I'm flying over 200m and aiming at some landmark in the centre of the screen.

Just a thought, try switching the props around.

Perhaps one is slightly bent causing a drifting issue?

I could try the spare prop set that came with the Spark, the originals have been on and off many times, so unlikely that I've always put them back on the same corner.

I think that I also have this problem.

Every video ends up with me having to turn left as I get closer to the target subject, regardless of wind strength and direction.

It's as if the Spark is crabbing slightly to the right. I don't think that it's yaw, as the track is always a straight line, not curved.

I've just re-calibrated my RC, I'll see whether this makes any difference. It's a bit difficult for me to check as where I live the opportunities for a long straight line track are limited.

I usually notice it when I've been somewhere where I'm flying over 200m and aiming at some landmark in the centre of the screen.
Huh... well glad to hear that the problem is not uncommon at least I know that the spark isn't broken in some way

Thanks all for the reply's, Awesome forum!

It sounds like the same issue mentioned in this thread... Turning right or left

My spark seems to have a problem similar to what you describe. I have caught mine doing it on the ground, and blamed it on the Electronic Image Stabilization. I'm curious if anyone here has noticed it happening while the Spark is still on the ground?

It sounds like the same issue mentioned in this thread... Turning right or left

My spark seems to have a problem similar to what you describe. I have caught mine doing it on the ground, and blamed it on the Electronic Image Stabilization. I'm curious if anyone here has noticed it happening while the Spark is still on the ground?

You mean the streamed video moving sideways when the Spark is stationary, yes, mine does that too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme