Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drifting issue (please help!!)

Logan H

Join
Jul 14, 2018
Is it normal for my spark to drift to the side (mostly to the right) when it's not hovering in one place (going forward) mine seems to not correct it's course making me having to correct it manually. To be more specific when I'm going forward only it seems to drift to the right and ends up not going in one direction when going faster than 20kph. It does not do this when it hovers as the vision sensors keep it in place. I have calibrated the remote, imu sensors, and compass and the problem continues help would be greatly appreciated
Ps: how do you change the WiFi signal from 5.6G to 2.4G

Last edited:
How many satellites is it connected to? There should be a little group of bars that look like cell service at the top make sure they're green and try selecting set home point and it's always good to have more than 10 satellites the more satellites more stability.

How many satellites is it connected to? There should be a little group of bars that look like cell service at the top make sure they're green and try selecting set home point and it's always good to have more than 10 satellites the more satellites more stability.
Yeah I checked that full GPS everytime. I even checked the flight records and I see the drift in it as well Thanks for the reply

Is it normal for my spark to drift to the side (mostly to the right) when it's not hovering in one place (going forward) mine seems to not correct it's course making me having to correct it manually. To be more specific when I'm going forward only it seems to drift to the right and ends up not going in one direction when going faster than 20kph. It does not do this when it hovers as the vision sensors keep it in place. I have calibrated the remote, imu sensors, and compass and the problem continues help would be greatly appreciated
Ps: how do you change the WiFi signal from 5.6G to 2.4G
Maybe the calibration was not done at a suitable place and result in a so so calibration.

To change frequency you can do it only when landed and use MANUAL instead of AUTO in the HD wifi settings, inside Go4 app.

Maybe the calibration was not done at a suitable place and result in a so so calibration.

To change frequency you can do it only when landed and use MANUAL instead of AUTO in the HD wifi settings, inside Go4 app.
Yeah sorry but i thought of that as well I've always been celebrating it outside so there's no interference. thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Guess your best bet is to do IMU calibration again especially with a "level indicator" @0.45mins mentioned in the video, gd luck!

Good news guys I just took snappy (my drone) for a fly and It seems a bit better I think the problem just depends on the area and weather thanks for all the support guys! I will try the imu calibration again just in case. Again thanks a lot guys!

Good news guys I just took snappy (my drone) for a fly and It seems a bit better I think the problem just depends on the area and weather thanks for all the support guys! I will try the imu calibration again just in case. Again thanks a lot guys!
Every so often I have this same issue. I've found doing a full calibration of the IMU, compass and sticks, will correct it.

Reactions: Logan H
Every so often I have this same issue. I've found doing a full calibration of the IMU, compass and sticks, will correct it.
Thanks for the reply bud, glad I'm not alone hopefully that's the solution.

Are you sure its not drift caused by an increase in wind speed? As Sparky is so small, the difference between heading and ground track can be significant in even moderate wind.

Are you sure its not drift caused by an increase in wind speed? As Sparky is so small, the difference between heading and ground track can be significant in even moderate wind.
Yeah definitely not wind I flew it on a really calm day and it had that problem. it is a pretty small drift

Reactions: horton
I was thinking it could be pilot error, if your thumb is pushing the stick a tiny bit to one side it could give a similar result
Yeah I see why you would think that but no its straight 90° on the remote. one thing I like about the remote is that you can feel the sticks have different resistance in certain directions, gives you good indication in what you doing. Thanks for the reply!

True, the remote is good for that. I have a stick guard to ensure the sticks are not held in one direction for a prolonged time when stored. Its for a maverick remote but works with the spark. So my remote should stay true.

True, the remote is good for that. I have a stick guard to ensure the sticks are not held in one direction for a prolonged time when stored. Its for a maverick remote but works with the spark. So my remote should stay true.
Funny! I have one too! and it's designed for the mavic but it fits2018-07-15%2018.36.04.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef