Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Does OTG really work? Connecting RC to your device with micro USB cable.

works for me since Day 1
Actually never even attempted a wifi flight, from box to OTG..

All firmware updates complete 0600 etc..

Tried the new Go4 v4.1.8 that just didn't work for me.. Drained my battery at 99% utilization in 5hrs, after finishing with Spark in the morning.

Also (a Big hit here) noticed the live view feed was Really blurry low resolution (maybe as low as 260p) blotchy and lagged so bad that i could barely finish 2 batts in Spark.. Ouch..

using Go4 v4.1.3 brought all the crystal clear no-lag happiness right back..
And Less drain on resources..

with the system resource experience of v4.1.8 i have been Force Close the app when finished pulling pics out..

But through all of this, and since day 1, i have been using the OTG cable.. No problems at all ever with direct link cable
Are you in the US?

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I'm using dji go 4 4.1.8 on Android 7.0 in the US. Tested again this morning before work with wifi and bluetooth turned off on my phone and got out to about 7000 feet before I lost signal. Picture was good although I started losing it intermittently around 5000 feet. Just like Michael said the go 4 4.1.8 app is a resource hog so I generally force close it when I'm done flying otherwise it runs down the battery on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Haha that's funny jleone15022
Just app Crashes.. Haha

Me i didn't give it a chance to crash out on me before uninstalling v.8 Well wait, i think it did come to think of it, yes right outta the gate flyn batt01 43feet away behind home.. But still had remote signal green connection, had to walk around home to see it and bring it in for a landing (restarting v4.1.8 did Not allow "go fly") cleared apps then force closed then reloaded to continue flying batt01 out..
Then batt02 and i had Enough.. Delete..

Forgot about that one...
and yes i am in the U.S.
Daily driver phone LG Stylo II

Haha that's funny jleone15022
Just app Crashes.. Haha

Me i didn't give it a chance to crash out on me before uninstalling v.8 Well wait, i think it did come to think of it, yes right outta the gate flyn batt01 43feet away behind home.. But still had remote signal green connection, had to walk around home to see it and bring it in for a landing (restarting v4.1.8 did Not allow "go fly") cleared apps then force closed then reloaded to continue flying batt01 out..
Then batt02 and i had Enough.. Delete..

Forgot about that one...
and yes i am in the U.S.
Daily driver phone LG Stylo II
I use a LG Stylo 3 as my daily phone. I decided to use an old phone I had laying around. It's an LG Stylo 2. When I use it, it, the app doesn't crash. Only on my Stylo 3. I think I'm using too much processing memory on my Stylo 3. The Stylo 2 isn't activated but still work with Wi-Fi so it's still useful for drones.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

C
It's a bit buggy but I still prefer otg over wifi. I easily get twice the distance. I'm in the country and can consistently go over a mile away when using 2.4 ghz and an OTG cable. I also found that airplane mode helps a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app
Check on DJI Go app (settings) after you switch to airplane mode what does the frequency shows. In my case it shows 2.4GHz, but with 5.8GHz channels (149, 151, etc) !
Also take a look to these flights tests on the threat below, maybe you could test in the country so we can compare results.
answer#7
5.8GHz vs 2.4GHz

Nope not working for me, it is inconsistent. I have had the Spark a week and tried two OTG adaptors, I have all updates and use a Samsung Galaxy S7. All I can do is hope that the S7 can maintain connection with wireless and I am not confident of that..

Goto ebay and search Cable Creation OTG, buy that one, and worry no more..

it is a Directional OTG cable, this means it only works 1 way.. or back & forth between devices as Host and Slave by swapping ends around.. (actually all OTG are directional, this one just cleans up the wire mess)

clearly labeled Host side connection goes to the Remote..

Darn thing even launches my Go4 app automatically when remote powers on

Attachments

• 20170916_093852.jpg
    20170916_093852.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 44
Howdy all. I received a Spark for a Xmas gift and just starting to familiarize myself to it. I finally did managed to get my LG G4 phone to link up using the OTG cable but I noticed something different vs using Wi-Fi connection. I don't get the data displayed, i.e. GPS status, etc and the only GPS status saying I am good and it is ready. No satellite counts and any data displayed on the top row of the screen. I am going to go back out using the Wi-Fi connection to verify and to see if I get any video drop out. I have been having a heck of a time to getting any of my record devices to link up with the OTG Cable. Order another set to see if that will solve any of my connectivity issues.

Howdy all. I received a Spark for a Xmas gift and just starting to familiarize myself to it. I finally did managed to get my LG G4 phone to link up using the OTG cable but I noticed something different vs using Wi-Fi connection. I don't get the data displayed, i.e. GPS status, etc and the only GPS status saying I am good and it is ready. No satellite counts and any data displayed on the top row of the screen. I am going to go back out using the Wi-Fi connection to verify and to see if I get any video drop out. I have been having a heck of a time to getting any of my record devices to link up with the OTG Cable. Order another set to see if that will solve any of my connectivity issues.
OTG is NOT recommended for use with the Spark as per DJI, nor will it function. Others may point you in the direction of downgrading via some hack, but if something were to happen kiss your warranty goodbye.

I had the same problem with the OTG cable, it works great for connecting and no video lag but important flight data is missing. If you are at home I would say delete any connection to your WiFi etc. Only one you should have if to the RC. For some people sometimes the phone would switch and try to use other WiFi profiles.

Besides OTG not receiving telemetry data for versions after 4.1.15, "Offline Maps" has also been removed from the menu. This is a must have feature when flying without an Internet connection. When I upgraded to 4.1.22 the app also seem to take considerably more cpu/gpu power to run as well. This was evident by the longer app startup time and video feed lag and pixelation, even in close range (never had this issue when using an OTG connection). So for these reasons I reverted back to app version 4.1.15.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef