Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJIGo4 app closing

salival

Join
Dec 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I was originally running 4.18 on a Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab A 2017) that lost OTG support due to that update. I noticed that on the tablet the DJI app closes while flying, It doesn't pop up anything it just returns me to the main app menu from where I launched the app.

I downgraded to 4.15 to get OTG support back and I still have the same issue, any ideas at all?
Tablet has been restarted multiple times, when I downgraded I removed all the video cache and DJI folders as per everyones instructions.

I don't recall this problem on my Galaxy S6 phone when I first started using it.

Tablet is running Android 7.1.1 (Latest version, no updates available)

Cheers

I have a similar issue now, it was working fine before hand but after I updated the device firmware the app crashes more for some reason. Alot more

When I used my Android phone, I had the app crash at least once every flight. Now that I'm using an IPhone 6 plus, it's never crashed.

This happened to me once during flight with my iPad mini 2 and I pray it never happens ever again, it was very scary since I was over a lake.

I have experienced this app crash duri g last 2 flights. I bought my spark about a month ago, only flown about 8 times, mostly up and down, last couple flights were at a beach, I wanted to get some distance, I'm using the remote, otg cable from Amazon, and s7 edge. As I flew away about 1000 feet distance the app crashed, the drone stayed in place, I restarted the app and it picked up right where it was. Very unnerving. Then the following day same thing happened repeatedly like 3 times the app crashing. Is it the phone?

An app crash, usually is because of the phone.

You can uninstall app and reinstall it.

If it doesn't work, connect via WiFi instead of the otg cable, to ensure that cable is not guilty.

Make sure that Bluetooth is of, and better have your phone in airplane mode.

Tomorrow I'll try all that, let's see what happens. I've also read some pilots recommend clearing the video cache, and turning off audio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers