Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Range - With Controller

Join
Mar 6, 2018
Hi guys.

I have got my spark just a couple of days ago, but am very unhappy about the range.

My setup:
- Android Phone
- DJI Spark
- RC Controller without any signal boosters
- Connecting Cellphone+Controller via USB cable
- Using my antenna like this.
- DJI GO 4 4.2.6

I can't get longer than 300m!!!!!!

How come there are people getting up to 4 miles with stock setup?

Cheers!

Hi guys.

I have got my spark just a couple of days ago, but am very unhappy about the range.

My setup:
- Android Phone
- DJI Spark
- RC Controller without any signal boosters
- Connecting Cellphone+Controller via USB cable
- Using my antenna like this.
- DJI GO 4 4.2.6

I can't get longer than 300m!!!!!!

How come there are people getting up to 4 miles with stock setup?

Cheers!

Ummmm, im not so certain that anyone is getting 4 mile range on a stock setup. I could be wrong as I am a brand new Spark owner and pilot but everything ive read contradicts your statement. For me, i still have mine in beginner mode so I dont **** things up just yet.

Because ce has limited the range in Europe that video is taken in America and fcc has different regulations so they get stronger signal coming from the controller. That's why people are downloading hacked app's that let uk users use American fcc signal, than having are signal limited to 500meters here in Europe UK. I'm using the app and my signal is rock solid mile half away straight in front of me of course. [emoji16]

Because ce has limited the range in Europe that video is taken in America and fcc has different regulations so they get stronger signal coming from the controller. That's why people are downloading hacked app's that let uk users use American fcc signal, than having are signal limited to 500meters here in Europe UK. I'm using the app and my signal is rock solid mile half away straight in front of me of course. [emoji16]

I see.. do you have an URL to recommend to get my Spark hacked to improve the range? Maybe a tutorial or something? Cheers!

I see.. do you have an URL to recommend to get my Spark hacked to improve the range? Maybe a tutorial or something? Cheers!
Have a good read in here it'll help you good luck I'm pretty new myself only had about 16 flights on mine but I'm already flying in sport mode and pretty far away from me.

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Reactions: Lucas Possamai
Hi all,
First post here but read a lot before.

I am a new spark owner. I am in Europe and able to fly FCC (11 2.4GHz channels) with no hack or anything.

I just bought my Spark in the US [emoji846]

Now I just have to hit the cancel button when the app ask me to reset WiFi settings.

So for those of you planning a trip there, take the spark with you!

Hi all,
First post here but read a lot before.

I am a new spark owner. I am in Europe and able to fly FCC (11 2.4GHz channels) with no hack or anything.

I just bought my Spark in the US [emoji846]

Now I just have to hit the cancel button when the app ask me to reset WiFi settings.

So for those of you planning a trip there, take the spark with you!
Yeah...... no. That’s not how the Spark works.... doesn’t matter where you buy it, the GPS in the Spark determines where in the world you are, and sets the transmission accordingly.

Reactions: Alastair
If you switch it on in a fcc country it will set fcc.

When back in a CE country just have to hit cancel when the warning message pops up.

Of course buying in fcc country is NOT enough. I should have added switch it on there.

Hey guys, can you also pm me the instructions and app? I need to improve the Spark Range.. I live in Brazil and here we are in CE mode as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme