Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Name Sticker

I also put a text file message on my SD card in the Spark in case the sticker is damaged.
I have done the same but im still looking for a suitable way to apply me details on the spark. At the moment I have a bit of paper covered in sellotape. I tried a form of fablon but it would not stick well.

A small QR code might be quite handy. A few places are now requiring we use fireproof labels. I don't know what they're expecting, short of metal dogtags?

The intent is to find the owner, so I do understand the point, fireproof and waterproof. Hope the homemade QR is enough. In Canada, I don't think we're that far yet but wouldn't surprise if thats coming down the pipe.

I'm sure while that requirement was being discussed someone discussed how good of an idea that was in the case that the drone caught fire when crashing, a very real possibility with lipo batteries. They just didn't have their brains fully engaged to realize how much more difficult this made their requirement. "So.. where would you go get a metal label printed?" "Uhhh..... " "That's what I thought. How about we table that clause in the rules?"

I'm sure while that requirement was being discussed someone discussed how good of an idea that was in the case that the drone caught fire when crashing, a very real possibility with lipo batteries. They just didn't have their brains fully engaged to realize how much more difficult this made their requirement. "So.. where would you go get a metal label printed?" "Uhhh..... " "That's what I thought. How about we table that clause in the rules?"
Before you know it, the drone will have black boxes... Laughing Out Loud.. oh wait they do kinda with the sd card.

In Germany there is a legal requirement to have a permanent attached fire proof address plate attached to your drone. I'd show you a picture of mine, but frankly I don't want to spread my personal data all over the internet, however you can easily find pictures on Google by searching for "drohnen Kennzeichen"

O label mine with an email address and mobile phone number. Even had one returned after a flyway (cheap $50 JJRC toy grade).

But I know some people who refuse to label claiming that if they had an accident (injured a person) they could just walk away, disposing of the paired controller in the river. One even has fake DJI login using a one time email address. If the accident was serious enough I'm sure they'd get you sometime.

In Germany there is a legal requirement to have a permanent attached fire proof address plate attached to your drone. I'd show you a picture of mine, but frankly I don't want to spread my personal data all over the internet, however you can easily find pictures on Google by searching for "drohnen Kennzeichen"
I googled it and I like the looks.. but it looks like it is glued on. Is that what they call permanent?

The intent is to find the owner, so I do understand the point, fireproof and waterproof. Hope the homemade QR is enough. In Canada, I don't think we're that far yet but wouldn't surprise if thats coming down the pipe.

Actually right now in Canada drones from 250g and above require a label with name, address, and phone #.

Dave

Well it's glue that you can't just peel off, and that keeps it properties for some amount of temperature
I really like it and a perfect addition to my spark. Is there a reasonably priced store that sells them in the US?

I googled it and I like the looks.. but it looks like it is glued on. Is that what they call permanent?

I was flying in Germany and needed one of these.
Yes, glued on is what they call permanent.
Attached with velcro or something would not be called permanent by law.

I really like it and a perfect addition to my spark. Is there a reasonably priced store that sells them in the US?
I don't know, in Germany drone stores have them, and keymakers / engraving shops offer them. I heard some shops that sell trophies also offer them as they have the equipment too, but I haven't really checked with those. But ordering them from Germany shouldn't take too long either as they are sent by letter, so easy with airmail..

It's the law in Germany, and the sticker must be fireproof.

It's law here in Denmark too. Need your name and phone number, and flight certification number (your license number). Also need your vehicle ID number - which is usually your membership ID from the local registered RC club. It's like the tail number on a regular aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe