Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Repair Service --- AIr Encoder Error 0X800002

Pixar

Join
Jul 15, 2017
I just wanted to say how well DJI treated me in my repair of my Spark.
Since I have had my Spark I have heard all these horror story's about the DJI customer Service.
Not in my case , they were very fast and kind.

My Issue.. was that I had a Error Code -- AIr Encoder Error 0X800002
Drone would not fly anymore.

Called them the guy told me it's easier just to go online and start a claim and I did,
I had the return label sent to my email within 15 mins.

I live in Iowa, Spark sent to Calif.

Most of the time (days) was shipping ,
So 14 days total, DJI had my Spark for repair for 3 days, Conclustion , they sent a new Spark.

I do have DJI Care , however I did not pay the $49 , It was under warranty and everything including
Shipping was free !

OUTSTANDING DJI ! Keep up the great customer service !

Thank You.

Reactions: Rafa7
Great news! They seem to have people responding from the USA, so maybe they are trying to turn things around in the customer service department.

Now, if they can address the security issues.

That's interesting, my spark got "sprinkled" in a fountain and crashed. Sent it in and they say it was my fault that I didn't understand RTH (even though I have had 63 flights without a problem). I have Care Refresh, still they want to charge me $390 to repair it. I am angry!

That sucks @Sr Drone , so in this case, does the Care Refresh covers for anything at all?

I thought that Care Refresh will cover everything (for a 'copay') for the first two incidents, as long as I had the Spark in hand, can someone please elaborate, is my Care Refresh a farce? Thanks.

Okay. I am somewhat embarassed. I went back to the Repair Services email and found out that after a long paragraph explaining what happened and how it was all my fault and that the repair cost will be $390 ... well, at the very end it said I only owe $49. So, yes, the Care Refresh program works fine. Just for everyone' s edification - if the drone is within 20 meters of your home point and RTH is initiated for whatever reason, the drone will immediately try to land at it's current location. It will not go up to your pre-set RTH altitude and try to find the RTH spot. So to be safe don't set your home point within 20 meters of water or anything else you don't want your drone landing on.

Reactions: Rafa7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit