Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

So just to be clear on the change log
- it now uses Google Maps API
So I should have access to Google maps while using the app correct.

Just a thought since some users don't have internet connection on the device would be to make one Modded app with the HERE maps so we can pre-doenload the map area we will be in at home before flight. Is that possible?

So just to be clear on the change log
- it now uses Google Maps API
So I should have access to Google maps while using the app correct.

Just a thought since some users don't have internet connection on the device would be to make one Modded app with the HERE maps so we can pre-doenload the map area we will be in at home before flight. Is that possible?

This modded version has the ability to use google maps. I believe if Google Maps for some reason isn't available, it will default to Here maps. If I removed the Google Maps API Key, Here maps *should* become the default map provider.

Now I have an experiment for you. Open up your flight record and load up a flight. Once you're on the map, zoom to somewhere you've never been or looked at in Google Maps or Here maps and see if it loads. For some reason I'm able to view the individual streets in some random city in Montana on Google Maps (which I've never looked at before) as well as some random city in Berlin on Here Maps (that I've never looked at before).

I also can't seem to find the offline maps feature others are talking about in other forums, either on the home screen hamburger menu, or in the general settings of the device menu. Attached are pictures of what I'm talking about.

Keep in mind this is on my device that's not connected to the internet unless I need to redownload or sign into DJI GO 4. This is with both this current mod, 1.1.1, as well as the latest DJI GO 4 app from the Play Store.

So either DJI GO is downloading maps as the app downloads, both for Here and Google, which seems unlikely, or they have the Here maps pre-cached, and you can download maps for offline in the Google Maps app separately, and then GO can access them.

That is interesting since your not connected to the web as you say. This is the only thing I can see that's different in the apps.

Screenshot_20180106-174117.jpgScreenshot_20180106-174153.jpg

Thanks for the updated version, can't remember if 4.1.15 has the Sphere feature?

Reactions: dubt
HI, I installed this, but there is no option for download offlline maps...? I know where they should be, not there.

Last edited:
So being app version 4.1.15 this should have offline maps, but for some reason doesn't.

I'm going to try and find another version, either 4.1.14 or another app of 4.1.15 with offline functionality and set up my desktop with the apk patching functionality to create another patched app.

Currently out of town from my desktop to do this, but expect it in less than a week.

If you are running the current 1.1.1, please post what device, Android version, and what features aren't working. Thanks!

okay . testing 111 with htc u11. thank you so much. map didnt show anything .
Another thing I found that works is connect to internet, load a flight record, scroll on the map a little bit and it saves what you look at.

Then you can disconnect, and the map will appear when you're offline.

just back from flying. for the map is there but it didn't zoom in instantly. i will tap until it reaches ideal size. it seem very powerful. my friend, do you have a ios version for me to download? it works everything quite well for a otg / htc u 11. is fast processor 835snap drangon+ 6gb ram.

just back from flying. for the map is there but it didn't zoom in instantly. i will tap until it reaches ideal size. it seem very powerful. my friend, do you have a ios version for me to download? it works everything quite well for a otg / htc u 11. is fast processor 835snap drangon+ 6gb ram.
Really glad to hear it's working! The 835 is a beast.

Unfortunately this is only Android as I'm just adding small tweaks to the work already forged by the deejayeye team.

I know there are iOS mods out there, but I'm not sure where to find them.

As long a phone is faster then Iphone 6 or as Good as iPhone 7 plus (speedy processor) i think problems is lesser or none.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav