Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

When i switched from this modded app to official app on IPad it gave me some massage that i was flying in a different country and could not get an image for a couple of seconds. I closed the app an restarted and then everything was fine again. Im novice in this stuff but i guess some things were switched by the modded app, is that correct?
The modded app switches you wifi power from CE regulated power to FCC (usa full power) thats why people who have used it say its amazing and more stable. Im not happy discussing the ins and outs on an open forum tho so if you want more info amd wanna know what your messing with.. join the facebook group [emoji6] DJI Mods - The spark side [emoji106]

I have found there is no way to cach the maps using this modded version. On the regular version you can select what map areas to predownload, on the modded I can not.

Reactions: dubt
I have found there is no way to cach the maps using this modded version. On the regular version you can select what map areas to predownload, on the modded I can not.
Is it using Google maps or Here maps? I have to enter a dedicated Google maps app key in the cloning process for Google maps to work, but I was under the impression it used here maps so this wasn't required.

I have no idea what the modded app is trying to use, I know the reg app uses HERE maps.
I would prefer to use Google maps as most are used to the lay out and such.
P.S. - thanks for all your time and work you put in.

I have no idea what the modded app is trying to use, I know the reg app uses HERE maps.
I would prefer to use Google maps as most are used to the lay out and such.
P.S. - thanks for all your time and work you put in.
I'm just learning how to clone the app, not the team and original modder. All credit goes to him / them. The original mod GitHub link is posted in the op post!

Yes but your taking your time to figure it out and that saves me the time of doing it [emoji16]
So thank you!

Top Post has been cleaned up by adding changelog, credits and supported device spoilers. I have just uploaded Mod Ver. 1.1 which you can download below.

Mod Ver. 1.1.1 Features:
  • Fixed Google Maps
  • Keep Screen On Added
  • Added Auto 100% Brightness
  • Added Auto-Rotate
  • Changed the color of the Status and Nav Bars to reflect the Modded App Icons Color: Orange
  • Disabled App Transitions for faster screen switching
  • Scramble Android ID and Device Serial # (Just in case DJI catches on)
Mod Ver. 1.1.1 - Download

Last edited:
Top Post has been cleaned up by adding changelog, credits and supported device spoilers. I have just uploaded Mod Ver. 1.1 which you can download below.

Mod Ver. 1.1 Features:
  • Fixed Google Maps
  • Keep Screen On Added
  • Added Auto-Rotate
  • Changed the color of the Status and Nav Bars to reflect the Modded App Icons Color: Orange
Mod Ver. 1.1 - Download

Nice work mate, and special thanks to the original modders as well. I can confirm Z3 works well with this app, my problem with it is previous to this related to the speakers. Device is also on DJI list.

OK new to the forum...just got a Spark for Christmas (havent flown or registered it yet) and looking at various mods for software. Have looked at CopterSafe and Nolimitdronez programs to install. How does this hack vs either of those to? Or am I way out in left field considering them??

Nice work mate, and special thanks to the original modders as well. I can confirm Z3 works well with this app, my problem with it is previous to this related to the speakers. Device is also on DJI list.
Thanks for the update! What android version is the Z3 running btw?

And you ment that the speakers were busted before any DJI apps, or the speakers dont work in DJI apps?

Thanks for the update! What android version is the Z3 running btw?

And you ment that the speakers were busted before any DJI apps, or the speakers dont work in DJI apps?
im not sure wich os it was exactly but android 6, phone is at the doctor. problem has nothing to do with dji, i had an accident on my bike and actually took a hit for me wich saved me 1 injury at least.

Last edited:
OK new to the forum...just got a Spark for Christmas (havent flown or registered it yet) and looking at various mods for software. Have looked at CopterSafe and Nolimitdronez programs to install. How does this hack vs either of those to? Or am I way out in left field considering them??

So I'm very new to all of these mods as well. I was looking at CopterSafe, which seems to be a firmware replacer ran off of a PC and patches the drone so that you can fly in a no fly zone, Nolimitdronez seems to be the same thing, as well as some of the same features in this mod.

I would say the difference is that zone limiting is still active, this app is based off of the work over at deejayeye mods with some additional tweaks to differentiate between the main app such as being able to install next to the official app, as well as niceties such as auto 100% brightness and auto Wi-Fi on.

Oh, and it's FREE.

If you don't need to remove the zone limits, give this app a shot with the added features.

Mod Ver. 1.1 Features:
  • Fixed Google Maps
  • Keep Screen On Added
  • Added Auto-Rotate
Mod Ver. 1.1 - Download
Have you created your own google api key to sign this modded app?

Have you created your own google api key to sign this modded app?
I have. I've tested the map in the corner of the screen when flying and it seems to be working well.

How do you precache maps? I've looked but can't find that.

I have. I've tested the map in the corner of the screen when flying and it seems to be working well.

How do you precache maps? I've looked but can't find that.
Just a word of warning.. that api is linked to YOU and your name.. are you willing for anyone to have access to that? stick with HERE maps. No api needed and offline maps can be downloaded. See pic Screenshot_20171227-202911.jpg

Reactions: Jacob and dubt
Plus that api key you have generated will have limited access for map requests. [emoji106]
I dont wanna be a party pooper and kudos for wanting to learn about this but do a lot of reading before you start releasing apps to into the public. You dont wanna get yourself into bother!

Just a word of warning.. that api is linked to YOU and your name.. are you willing for anyone to have access to that? stick with HERE maps. No api needed and offline maps can be downloaded. See pic View attachment 2626

Thank you for pointing this out. I knew it would be linked to my account, I was just moving so fast it slipped my mind.

I've created a burner google account to generate an api key. I know this isn't a very long term solution, but with how many people are going to be using this app I don't think it will be much of an issue. If this solution doesn't end up working for this use case, I'll be sure to remove it in the future and rely on the app falling back on Here maps.

In my opinion Google Maps > Here maps any day.

I have deleted the download link for Mod Ver. 1.1 and replaced it with Ver. 1.1.1 with the new included api key.

Reactions: Damo
Thank you for pointing this out. I knew it would be linked to my account, I was just moving so fast it slipped my mind.

I've created a burner google account to generate an api key. I know this isn't a very long term solution, but with how many people are going to be using this app I don't think it will be much of an issue. If this solution doesn't end up working for this use case, I'll be sure to remove it in the future and rely on the app falling back on Here maps.

In my opinion Google Maps > Here maps any day.

I have deleted the download link for Mod Ver. 1.1 and replaced it with Ver. 1.1.1 with the new included api key.
Fair enough.. just tread careful [emoji106] The google api key is no good for my situation, ive got nearly 5000 members in the FB group and would soon pass the free api limits [emoji23]

Fair enough.. just tread careful [emoji106] The google api key is no good for my situation, ive got nearly 5000 members in the FB group and would soon pass the free api limits [emoji23]
Ahh, the spark side FB group. I would say share it as much as possible, let's consider this an experiment on how far we can take this api key :p

Again, I don't mind removing the key if this totally doesn't work out, just really want Google Maps instead of Here. I bet there's a time limit on the key as well. I know samsung's api keys only last 3 months.

Reactions: Damo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme