Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 editor

canalrun

Join
Feb 10, 2018
Hello,
First I have to admit I am new to Spark and capturing videos. I tried making a test video today and then using the DJI 4 Go Editor.

My first impression: this is absolutely the stupidest, worst laid out app I have ever seen in my life. Is there any documentation for this Editor anywhere?

The workflow required is pretty simple: download the video from the Spark to the phone, save the video to the phone's storage.

From there I can transfer it to my PC and use real video editing software.

Somehow I think the video got downloaded to the phone and I was able to save it to the phone's memory, but how that happened I don't know.

1) is video saved on the Spark SD card? Is there a way to look at what videos are on the SD card, how much space is left, delete videos from SD?

2) At what point are the videos on the Spark transferred to the phone?

3) Music seems to have been added to the video – how stupid is that. Is there any way to prevent it from adding music?

4) How do most people transfer the videos from the Spark to a computer for editing?

Thanks,
Barry.

1. Yes. The card has the full resolution videos. The ones on your phone are lower resolution. The DJI Go app displays how much recording time is left. A simpler solution than trying to view and delete them using your phone is to use a larger card and then do your file manipulation with a computer.

2. What phone are you using? Android or iOS? Again, use a computer and deal with the files directly from the card.

3. Did you do editing on your phone? If so, you probably selected a template that has music. Again, use a computer.

4. Yes, yes, yes. Use a computer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 Android phone and a Windows 10 PC. The video editing software I'm using is VideoPad from NCH.

I saved the video from the DJI Go Editor Album page to the phones storage then used the Gallery to email it to myself. I opened it in a video editor on a PC and there does not seem to be music attached to the video – this is good.

Can the SD card be taken out of the Spark and does it have MP4 files representing each recording? Can the SD card file structure be altered if inserted into a PC?

It would be nice to be able to somehow get the Spark SD videos to a PC. I would like to be able to do it without taking the SD card out of the Spark – if I connect the Spark USB to the PC can I maybe do it that way (using the DJI Assist 2, or maybe it just shows up as a disk drive device).

Barry.

Last edited:
Can the SD card be taken out of the Spark and does it have MP4 files representing each recording? Can the SD card file structure be altered if inserted into a PC?
Yes, the card can be taken out. Just flip up the rubber cover and push on the card. It's springloaded. Then put the card into a card reader and plug it into the computer. Why would you want to alter the file structure? Just copy the files the same as you would with any other drive.

It would be nice to be able to somehow get the Spark SD videos to a PC. I would like to be able to do it without taking the SD card out of the Spark – if I connect the Spark USB to the PC can I maybe do it that way (using the DJI Assist 2, or maybe it just shows up as a disk drive device).
The Spark videos should be on the card. Drag and drop on the PC.

You can do with without removing the card, but it will be much slower. Yes, just connect the USB cable to the computer and the Spark. It should show up as a drive.

Reactions: canalrun
Thank you for your help!

I hooked up the Spark to the PC USB.

It came up with a file explorer structure.

I was able to navigate in Explorer and download one of the MP4's.

It was fast enough – at least for my test videos.

This is great! Thank you.

I probably misspoke before. I did not mean modify the file structure, just delete files if necessary. I see cleaning up files should be easy.

Barry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast