Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji go 4.2.6 is out.. anyone noticed any changes yet? (Android) no OTG yet

OTG is working with the last update of the app in IOS, but I think it doesn't work with 4.2.6 app of android, I'll remain on 4.1.15, not modded one, but the original, it works fine.
For me the Spark is not usable in Europe with android without OTG.

Is 4.1.15 an Apk and how safe to use with the latest spark firmware ..keep seeing this so maybe its my answer just using that version on my Note 5...
Wondering how an earlier version of go 4 would react with the latest spark firmware
youre actually doing too much... when you connect OTG you dont connect wifi too. You can put your iphone in airplane mode and it will still connect and work perfectly with the drone. It isnt using wifi to connect anymore, its using the cable. So forget the wifi for the drone and plug it in with the cable, it will pop right up like it always did, just faster.

Reactions: notime
I never thought I would say this. I started using the spark without an OTG with my Samsung S7, with my Huwei Wunderphone, with my iPad Mini 4 and haven't had any issues. At least nothing major. This is with 4.2.6 versions. Maybe I got lucky? Hmmm

Reactions: VenomousSVT
Now about using the modded app, I don't think DJI would be able to tell from flight logs what app your running beside the revision number.

I don't think they would be able to detect a modded version that easy. It is actually their app you use containing just a few parameter changes. Nothing that interferes with all the standard log files. In addition you are still able to sync all your flights from the modded app. If the flights would have been flagged to be modded you wouldn't be able to sync them to DJI. Ofc there is a possibility that they still see(f.e. fake account used) this but I highly doubt they have a check for modded versions running at this point.

I even bought DJI Care for my new Spark but am flying this on modded DJI Go only. Every try with the official app was a complete disaster since the signal quality gets so poor so early.

Hi, how do you detect that there is no telemetry data? Does it show somewhere real time on the initial Enter Device screen on DJI Go 4? Or do you check by going through the data files after the flight?

Hi, how do you detect that there is no telemetry data? Does it show somewhere real time on the initial Enter Device screen on DJI Go 4? Or do you check by going through the data files after the flight?

Not to sound funny, but....you won't see any telemetry lol. Telemetry is simply the readings you are getting from Spark such as height, distance, battery information, etc.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Not trying to scare anyone but I'm pretty sure Dji can see which version of go 4 app were using from the flight logs, it shows up on Airdata logs so its gotta be in the logs somewhere, wouldn't ya think?? Personally, I'm not too worried about it, so no big deal..
Shot 213.png

Last edited:
4.2.8 is out and still not working the hight and speed is there but it just stays at 0 when flying
Its a start. 5 months dgi come on.

20180325_095911.jpg

Reactions: SparkInMotion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers