Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji go 4.2.6 is out.. anyone noticed any changes yet? (Android) no OTG yet

What do you mean you retain, meaning Luke you don't get your telemetry, I don't get anything except live video and I'm able to go live on facebook, that is the only thing I can do with the otg cable, other then that I get no Sat data no battery data, everything else works, even when I take off it tells me home point has been updated! RTH works everything works just no Sat or battery data which sucks cause those are the 2 main things you need to know when your flying! I have tested it and if the battery gets to low it will still come home like usual it start to land if you go to low!

What do you mean you retain, meaning Luke you don't get your telemetry, I don't get anything except live video and I'm able to go live on facebook, that is the only thing I can do with the otg cable, other then that I get no Sat data no battery data, everything else works, even when I take off it tells me home point has been updated! RTH works everything works just no Sat or battery data which sucks cause those are the 2 main things you need to know when your flying! I have tested it and if the battery gets to low it will still come home like usual it start to land if you go to low!
I connect via WiFi as if there was no option for a cable. Once I'm ready to fly and all systems are a go, I then plug the cable in. I keep all my telemetry data. Battery info is still there as well. But I feel like I get better video when I do this rather than flying without it.

Now on my iPhone it's completely different.. I use only the cable for the connection

Reactions: Marshall Starnes
And yes it does level out the video cause it's a hard connection so it's not streaming the video like it normally does, did you babe issues where when you first got your spark you could fly inside then after the flysafe database it acts funny when you take off like going up and Down, that's what mine done, and I noticed now since the Flysafe database on seeing in my house sever interference on the channels but what's weird is I go to my kitchen and have no issues! But I go back to my Livingroom where I first set up the spark and had no issues flying it starts to act stupid up and down up and down and I have to land!

I connect via WiFi as if there was no option for a cable. Once I'm ready to fly and all systems are a go, I then plug the cable in. I keep all my telemetry data. Battery info is still there as well. But I feel like I get better video when I do this rather than flying without it.

Now on my iPhone it's completely different.. I use only the cable for the connection
Huh so wait till I get all my Sat's and battery info then plug in the otg for Android, I haven't done that yet hmmmm you got me wondering now, now do you wait till you are off the ground when you plug it in or just when it shows good Sat's and battery info then plug it in right before you take off!

Huh so wait till I get all my Sat's and battery info then plug in the otg for Android, I haven't done that yet hmmmm you got me wondering now, now do you wait till you are off the ground when you plug it in or just when it shows good Sat's and battery info then plug it in right before you take off!
I'm gonna try that real quick and let you know!

Reactions: VenomousSVT
I just connect and wait to get all my telemetry and says and home point. Then plug in and fly. At that point I get the benefits of the video connection and still keep my battery info and telemetry

I just connect and wait to get all my telemetry and says and home point. Then plug in and fly. At that point I get the benefits of the video connection and still keep my battery info and telemetry
I'm gonna try real fast n let you know, I also wonder if it's cause I gave C type in my phone and micro on the controller, either way im gonna try real fast!

Nope didn't work, although I did have battery data and it showed I was on 2.4 but no Sat info, but when you use the otg your supposed to cut the Wi-Fi off that's what the otg is for, I didn't try that just now, will let you no tomorrow!

Nope didn't work, although I did have battery data and it showed I was on 2.4 but no Sat info, but when you use the otg your supposed to cut the Wi-Fi off that's what the otg is for, I didn't try that just now, will let you no tomorrow!
I get what it's for.. that's why I said I do that on my iPhone... When I do what I described to you i get all my telemetry data which I need. Plus I also am able to improve my video connection. So for me it's not full OTG but it's better than WiFi only

Yeah i want to know aswell .I am on Android 4.2.6 on a Samsung Note 5 and cannot get Telemetry so that would be awesome if you can do it

If Anyone is using an iphone can they let me know what range and experience they get with the spark on just wifi not otg ...until officially supported otg seems like a risk anyway ...
Thinking of changing from Samsung Note 5 to iphone 6+

I have a feeling OTA will be back soon on the Spark. They need to finish the software for the Air since that's the new model on the market and it's missing some advertised features. Once the Air is good I'm sure we shall see OTG properly again. I just did a test fight with OTG vs WiFi on 4.1.15 and OTG blows it out of the water distance wise as well as video lag wise. I would get "weak image transmission" with WiFi only. Never such a warning using OTG. Now about using the modded app, I don't think DJI would be able to tell from flight logs what app your running beside the revision number.

Is 4.1.15 an Apk and how safe to use with the latest spark firmware ..keep seeing this so maybe its my answer just using that version on my Note 5...
Wondering how an earlier version of go 4 would react with the latest spark firmware

Sorry if this is a stupid question....does USB Developer Options need enabling on device for the OTG to work? Thanks again...[emoji3]

No. As far as I know and I am also a novice, I just connect my cable to my remote and phone iPhone 6S and go to settings and in wifi, i select the spark remote and that's all. Nothing else is needed. Please correct me if i am wrong members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers