Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dear DJI - Please add RAW

Hs anyone tried DNG or RAW on the *cough-hacked-coughed* apps? If that has all the mavic quick shots perhaps it has the RAW options too?

Rick at Drone Valley said in a video not too long ago that the replacement part number was the same for both, so if it's the same part number if you're ordering one, I would assume it's the same hardware.
The video you mention is probably this one:
I think after watching it, it clarify a lot. At the end, it would require also a lot more processing capabilities, power and cooling to increase the bit rate to be able to do a descent ~4k.

If a hacked version of the Go 4 app can do RAW with the Spark, then the SDK can. And then, third-party apps could offer a RAW option for the Spark. Does anybody have insight into this, maybe from an app developer?

I.e., is the missing RAW option dropped from the firmware, or just the Go app?

If a hacked version of the Go 4 app can do RAW with the Spark, then the SDK can. And then, third-party apps could offer a RAW option for the Spark. Does anybody have insight into this, maybe from an app developer?

I.e., is the missing RAW option dropped from the firmware, or just the Go app?

I have not been following Spark hacking as my MP is my primary bird. My MP is @ the shop for a compass error (ran 3 batteries in a row and it fried something..).

So, I am aware of the MP hacks (did not do them myself), but are you sure that the RAW ability is app specific? I mean, my iOS device is jailbroken and my backup is an android. That should not invalidate the warranty, so I might be consider going down that path. As others have mentioned, DNG/RAW support is the only thing stopping me from taking an occasional photo with the Spark.

Video is not too bad, but the auto color/lighting in the Spark + no DNG is a killer. At least in the MP/P's you can control the lighting via the RC.

Since the original photos are stored on the SD card I would think raw would be a firmware thing, not something accomplished in a hacked app alone.

I said "if" in my post above.
We don't know if RAW was removed from the Spark mode within the Go 4 app, or from the Spark firmware. I would assume that there is little to no difference in the photo part of the firmware on the Spark and MP. After all, they share the same sensor. Not touching that part part of the firmware would be simplest. So maybe, the SDK photo features for both crafts are the same. Somebody with SDK access would have to check/try out ...

I am pretty sure we can have DNG with Spark, before HTC and Samsung implemented officially Raw on their smartphones, there was an app that can create DNG even though it was claimed as not supported by both companies, now we were talking Android app and android drivers source that are open to all, I don't know if Dji shares drivers/kernel sources.
Bebop 2 which is one of the Spark's competitor (and cheaper) has Raw since 2015 so yes Dji can definitely implement DNG, add to that we have an SD slot to add more GB in case they are afraid it will eat the memory

I don't think you read my post.

I'll try again. 'If you put ALL of the Mavic features on a Spark......'

Not really a good analogy since I don't see anybody requesting, 3-axis, 4k and longer flight times in the Spark? (as that requires physical changes... maybe a Spark Pro?)
Adding RAW to the Spark will not blur the lines between Spark and Mavic... there is clear cut differences like..... 3-axis, 4k and longer flight times. (and I reckon it's quieter)

Reactions: thewhatever
RAW just make the image editing and color grading easier. I will be much appreciated by all. I also have heard rumors that the image sensor is the same as in the mavic. But due to the missing 3rd axis the crop the size of video down to digitally stabilize.

Not really a good analogy since I don't see anybody requesting, 3-axis, 4k and longer flight times in the Spark? (as that requires physical changes... maybe a Spark Pro?)
Adding RAW to the Spark will not blur the lines between Spark and Mavic... there is clear cut differences like..... 3-axis, 4k and longer flight times. (and I reckon it's quieter)

Yes and as I said in previous post the Bebop 2 which is cheaper and is still a competitor to the Spark has Raw, so it's not a luxury feature that only +1000$ drones have

Yes and as I said in previous post the Bebop 2 which is cheaper and is still a competitor to the Spark has Raw, so it's not a luxury feature that only +1000$ drones have

It really isn't a competitor. The difference in video quality is huge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme