Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Charging base

KNAVE

Join
May 28, 2017
Does anyone have any information about the charging base? There is no price or availability that I could find.Screenshot_20170525-211524.png Screenshot_20170525-211408.png

Hmm...the is the 1st time that I've seen these pics.

It seems to be able to charge 3 batteries at the time, interesting... But kind of redundant with the charging station.

You can see it on the DJI web site on this picture :

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 14.10.42.png

But no other mention of it anywhere else...

I think the difference between the above charging hub is that it is full of batteries that store the charging power, so that it wouldn't need to be plugged into an electrical outlet to charge the Spark.

Reactions: Animal
Thanks for the replies everyone good observations! The great thing about this charging base is that you can store and top off your spark batteries on the go without needing even an external battery pack let alone an outlet. Assuming that the built in batteries are enough to charge 3 batteries then you would essentially have 6, 16 minute flights for a whole day out and about. This is something that even the portable mavic is not able to do. Add in the built in micro usb port and your charging ability becomes very accessible. I for one will be ordering a charging base as soon as i can.

Last edited:
I for one will be ordering a charging base as soon as i can.

I'll wait a bit before ordering this one... The spark will be my "main" drone for travelling with my motorcycle, so weight and volume is a big factor for me. This charging base may be the way to go, or may be the 3 batteries charging station (from the fly more combo) with a portable power source (if possible) will be better.

The DJI Spark Charging Bank allows you to charge the Spark and batteries on the go with no external charger or power needed when the bank is fully charged. The LiPo's capacity apparently is enough to charge three batteries fully. It also serves as a "travel pack" when on the go. The bank was shown at the preview event and has also been mentioned in previous Spark conversation. Likely we'll see the Bank and a few other Spark accessories go live in the next week or so. Not sure what held this back from the public release but it was at the launch event and could be seen by the public there.

The DJI Spark Charging Bank allows you to charge the Spark and batteries on the go with no external charger or power needed when the bank is fully charged. The LiPo's capacity apparently is enough to charge three batteries fully. It also serves as a "travel pack" when on the go. The bank was shown at the preview event and has also been mentioned in previous Spark conversation. Likely we'll see the Bank and a few other Spark accessories go live in the next week or so. Not sure what held this back from the public release but it was at the launch event and could be seen by the public there.
Thanks for this information I look forward to hearing more about the bank and other future accessories!

Reactions: Advexure
This would definitely be something I would buy once it becomes available.

I second that portable charging base, too. Great find.
Meanwhile, I'll use this:
mini_1b744ae0-8ef5-49e9-9fca-9fb15596b339%402x.png

Spark - Battery Charging Hub

USD $69.0
On the DJI SITE.

Buy Spark - Battery Charging Hub

Reactions: andrew reeves
Reactions: Advexure
"Optional additional accessories, beyond the controller and goggles, include a battery charging hub and propeller goggles."

I wonder what "propellor goggles" are.

Special Edition DJI Goggles - Pre-order now available.
ST-STG027-steampunk-goggles-propeller-gears-1I__30050.1462640907.386.513.jpg

Now that's just wrong! ;)

Lol, had to. I'm curious what the actual point of these goggles is. I look at them I just sort of say, "Oh, ok then" just sort of envisioning why one would wear these :D

Lol, had to. I'm curious what the actual point of these goggles is. I look at them I just sort of say, "Oh, ok then" just sort of envisioning why one would wear these :D
I might wear them after a few Corona's

Reactions: Animal and Advexure
"Optional additional accessories, beyond the controller and goggles, include a battery charging hub and propeller goggles."

I wonder what "propellor goggles" are.

I think they meant propeller guards. Everyone has a brain fart now and again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme