Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing from EC to FCC

Enigma

Join
Sep 12, 2017
EU pilots only.

Hi all, I've successfully changed flight modes from EC to FCC using the method in the link. Before I range test I was wondering if anyone else has done the same and found any issue.?
Thanks.

EU pilots only.

Hi all, I've successfully changed flight modes from EC to FCC using the method in the link. Before I range test I was wondering if anyone else has done the same and found any issue.?
Thanks.

No news is good news. I'll be testing this weekend

EU pilots only.

Thanks.

I done it and it works amazingly on CE I was getting around 800m on FCC my record is 3.3km

I've just spent 4 hours getting this to work with my iPhone so sharing my experience in case it helps anyone else. I should point out that I'm in New Zealand so we're allowed to use FCC legally here but DJI seem to think we're part of Australia so force us onto CE.

I hadn't seen the video above so it would have made this easier!

The .DJI.configs method did not work for me (running latest Spark firmware) so I used an old Android phone with a modified DJIGo 4.1.3 APK file using the guide here DJI Dashboard - How To tips and tricks *MAVIC* - RC Groups

Making that file wasn't that simple but once done I connected to my Spark and it prompted me to change the wireless settings. I swapped to my iPhone and clicked Cancel when it asked me to change the settings back.

Just did a test flight and got over 800m before I turned back and called it a success, previously I was getting video break up around 120m and signal loss around 150m so this is a huge improvement.

The only things I'll need to watch out for now are:

1) Don't click OK to change the wireless settings (although if I do then I can swap them back with the android)
2) Don't update Spark FW in case they fix this
3) Don't update the iOS app in case the force the setting change

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe