Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cannot see RC Wifi to connect to phone

jorge Avila

Join
Sep 4, 2017
Hi Guys

Wishing you can help me, i cannot see the RC wifi name in my phone, I only connected to my phone one time and after the last update im not able to see the RC wifi in my phone anymore.
I already tested pressing the botton per 9 seconds in the controller and still the Wifi is not in the list .

Anyone can help me?

Hi,

It took me some times to make it "wifi visible". I apply the firmware upgrade via DJIGO4 app not using PC. Then wait for DJIGO4 update dispo on GooglePlay.

Many restart of the AC, the RC, the phone ...

The last thing i try and this make it work : only the RC was on, then press RC power button for 9 sec, RC off and restart. This work for me, i hope it help you.

Hi Guys

Wishing you can help me, i cannot see the RC wifi name in my phone, I only connected to my phone one time and after the last update im not able to see the RC wifi in my phone anymore.
I already tested pressing the botton per 9 seconds in the controller and still the Wifi is not in the list .

Anyone can help me?
What phone do you use (Android, IOS) ?
Did you have wifi from Spark already seen at 5.8G ?
Are you in FCC or CE area?
Many android phones have issue in CE to connect at 5.8G with the Spark or RC wifi.

If you turn on only the RC, you should see its wifi as Spark-RC-xxxxx, it should be at 2.4G.
If you turn on only the Spark and press the battery button to get 3 bips, you will unlink your RC and you need to use direct wifi from phone link to Spark-xxxxx at 2.4G.
Now if you turn on the RC with the Spark connected to the phone directly, you should see also the Spark-RC-xxxxx along with the Spark-xxxxx.
The RC will nomore connect to the Spark until you relink it.
After relink, the Spark-xxxxx wifi disapear and only Spark-RC-xxxxx appear.

Sometimes it can take long (10-30 seconds) so the RC is connect to the Spark. Best is usually to turn on first the Spark and then the RC.
Also be sure not to have another phone or table that is set to connect to Spark or RC automatically.

Hi,

It took me some times to make it "wifi visible". I apply the firmware upgrade via DJIGO4 app not using PC. Then wait for DJIGO4 update dispo on GooglePlay.

Many restart of the AC, the RC, the phone ...

The last thing i try and this make it work : only the RC was on, then press RC power button for 9 sec, RC off and restart. This work for me, i hope it help you.
Did not work :(

What phone do you use (Android, IOS) ?
Did you have wifi from Spark already seen at 5.8G ?
Are you in FCC or CE area?
Many android phones have issue in CE to connect at 5.8G with the Spark or RC wifi.

If you turn on only the RC, you should see its wifi as Spark-RC-xxxxx, it should be at 2.4G.
If you turn on only the Spark and press the battery button to get 3 bips, you will unlink your RC and you need to use direct wifi from phone link to Spark-xxxxx at 2.4G.
Now if you turn on the RC with the Spark connected to the phone directly, you should see also the Spark-RC-xxxxx along with the Spark-xxxxx.
The RC will nomore connect to the Spark until you relink it.

Sometimes it can take long (10-30 seconds) so the RC is connect to the Spark. Best is usually to turn on first the Spark and then the RC.
Also be sure not to have another phone or table that is set to connect to Spark or RC automatically.
Hi My answers below

What phone do you use (Android, IOS) ? IOS
Did you have wifi from Spark already seen at 5.8G ? yea i have connected to the spark and flight it form my phone
Are you in FCC or CE area? FCC I think (Panama)

If you turn on only the RC, you should see its wifi as Spark-RC-xxxxx, it should be at 2.4G. When i turn the controller Spark-Rc signal is shown in iphone even though i push the power button 9 secs it will not appear
If you turn on only the Spark and press the battery button to get 3 bips, you will unlink your RC and you need to use direct wifi from phone link to Spark-xxxxx at 2.4G. i made this and flight the spark with my phone
The RC will nomore connect to the Spark until you relink it.i only see Spark wifi no RC

Also be sure not to have another phone or table that is set to connect to Spark or RC automatically.only the iphone is there

Good luck to you. I had the same issue not able to see the RC Wi-Fi signal. I tried all the fixes that have been posted above with out success. So I took it to the South Florida DJI Repair Center in Adventura Fl. They agreed that there was no Wi-Fi signal from the Controller. After 3 hrs they still could not fix the problem. So It has been sent back to the USA Repair Center in CA. (been 2 Wks). Hope to hear from them soon.

Ok, so it should work also with 5.8G as you use ISO device and as you are under FCC, should not be an issue.

When i turn the controller Spark-Rc signal is shown in iphone
Ok, this is normal behavior of RC, that's good.

even though i push the power button 9 secs it will not appear
Here, are you pushing the power button for 9 seconds on the RC or the Spark?
I never heard that manipulation for the RC but I have seen that on mine, there is a serie of beep and the wifi disappear and come back.
What is not appearing, the Spark-RC wifi?

I made this and flight the spark with my phone
Spark seems to be ok, that's also good.

The RC will no more connect to the Spark until you relink it.
i only see Spark wifi no RC
With IOS device you should also see the Spark-RC-xxxxx wifi, at least on my ipad it shows it, same as for android.
It could take many seconds to appear. If the next step is working, then it is not critical.

After relink, the Spark-xxxxx wifi disappear and only Spark-RC-xxxxx appear.
What happen if you relink the RC ?
The RC LED should be solid RED at first as the Spark is linked to the phone.
Press Spark power button 3 sec to get 1 beep, press the 3 buttons (Pause/Fn/Option) on the RC, RC starts to beep with LED blinking GREEN until it becomes solid GREEN some seconds after.
Sometimes it can take long (10-30 seconds) until the RC is connect to the Spark.
After link, the Spark-RC-xxxx is normally already present, the phone should connect to the RC wifi and the Go4 app should connect to the Spark.

only the iphone is there
Ok, was just a possibility.

As David S said, there could be also a failure in the RC.
Last chance before DJI repair could be a firmware refresh of RC using the Go4 app.

Hi Guys

Anyone can help me?
I had the same issue the only thing that fixed it for me was i downloaded a wifi manager from the app store then once i connected it showed up in the normal wifi

bennie

I had the same issue the only thing that fixed it for me was i downloaded a wifi manager from the app store then once i connected it showed up in the normal wifi

bennie
can you please provide more info what do you did?

thanks

Go to your app store and do a search for wifi manager when downloaded open it and look for networks hopefully your rc will show then

bennie

Go to your app store and do a search for wifi manager when downloaded open it and look for networks hopefully your rc will show then

bennie
Do you have some more details on this wifi manager. I din't found it in app store. I am also searching for such app for my ipad as I am in use with android to get much more info about wifi. Tks in advance.

Do you have some more details on this wifi manager. I din't found it in app store. I am also searching for such app for my ipad as I am in use with android to get much more info about wifi. Tks in advance.
Sorry mate i dont know about apple im using android i just thought they would have one too

bennie

Screenshot_2017-09-07-09-07-30.png

bennie

Thanks, the same I use on android, but on IOS I don't found it.
Is it on IOS?, the OP is on IOS.

Good luck to you. I had the same issue not able to see the RC Wi-Fi signal. I tried all the fixes that have been posted above with out success. So I took it to the South Florida DJI Repair Center in Adventura Fl. They agreed that there was no Wi-Fi signal from the Controller. After 3 hrs they still could not fix the problem. So It has been sent back to the USA Repair Center in CA. (been 2 Wks). Hope to hear from them soon.

Well I just checked with DJI Sept 15 and they said a replace the controller had been approved. So if anyone else is having the same issue as I ( no WyFi signal out of controller after firmware upgrade) you should send your controller back to repair. here it is Sept 22, 2018 and still no reply back from dji on when they will be sending the replacement controller. Wonder what takes so long its been 4 wks since I I got a case @ from DJI. :(

Well I just checked with DJI Sept 15 and they said a replace the controller had been approved. So if anyone else is having the same issue as I ( no WyFi signal out of controller after firmware upgrade) you should send your controller back to repair. here it is Sept 22, 2018 and still no reply back from dji on when they will be sending the replacement controller. Wonder what takes so long its been 4 wks since I I got a case @ from DJI. :(

Reviving this thread. Did you have to send both the spark and remote, or just remote only?

Reactions: Sparklezdji

So, how long did it take you to get your RC back? Did it work? Did you send back both Spark and RC or just the RC?

So, how long did it take you to get your RC back? Did it work? Did you send back both Spark and RC or just the RC?

I clarified with dji support and they advised me to only send the remote, which i did. It’s been almost a week now to have it delivered via UPS to dji. After we’ll have to see how much longer the processing will take. He good thing is i can easily track the progress with the case number.

I clarified with dji support and they advised me to only send the remote, which i did. It’s been almost a week now to have it delivered via UPS to dji. After we’ll have to see how much longer the processing will take. He good thing is i can easily track the progress with the case number.

any news on your RC?

any news on your RC?

I am brand-new to the Spark.

I noticed a few times when I am connecting my Android Samsung Galaxy S5 phone to the controller, I go into the phone's Wi-Fi settings and the entry for the controller (Spark-RC-xxx) says "Not in Range"

It seems if I turn off the controller, then turn it back on, wait for the LED to turn green, and then quickly turn off my phone's Wi-Fi, then turn the phones Wi-Fi on, it will then allow me to connect to Spark-RC-xxx using the 12341234 password.

This sounds like it is related to the issue discussed in this thread. Can anyone confirm or suggest how I should correctly connect to the Spark-RC-xxx Wi-Fi?

Barry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe