Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can not connect to RC with OTG cable!

I’ve had no luck connecting my OTG cable with both my iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6s followed the instructions to the letter several times on each device. Has to be the cable I originally ordered. Am getting a different one this weekend, hopefully that’ll work.

Reactions: zztinker
Otg
here it says that it can take longer, so maybe try again as suggested?

Well go figure. I cant get it to connect again.............oh well
I had a similar problem. Watch this video

I had reset my Spark, then followed his step by step instructions for pairing the Remote to the Spark, once I did this I was able to use my OTG Cable again. Works fine now.

Last edited:
Hi just wondering is this still working for you? Have the same set up as you. Not sure if latest DJI update disabled using an OTG Cable with wifi turned off. Mine won’t connect.
I had a problem this morning even getting the RC to control the Spark via WiFi. The RC light remained Red, never turned Blue. I reset the Spark to it's factory Settings (hold the power button for 9 seconds. Then I watched his video and followed it step by step. He really made it clear just how the RC differs from the Spark in the way they communicate. Now the RC connects via WiFi and it also works with my OTG cable. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Nice .... however it never mentioned OTG.. that is my issue
Ok, FYI, after I got my RC to control the Spark by following his video I set up my OTG following this sequence. For me the olny way I get my OTG to function is to do things in this order: (I've posted his before) Hope this clarifies and helps.

I just tried using an OTG cable on my iPhone 7 Plus. The sequence in which you do it seems to be important. This is what works every time for me.
First I turned off wifi on my phone and entered Airplane Mode

OGT Cable Set up on Spark Remote

1) switch on remote (nothing plugged in)

2) switch on spark

3) Wait for green light on controller

4) switch on ipad/iphone

5)open up DJI Go4 App you will see a grey screen.

6) plug in lightning cable to ipad/iphone

7) plug in usb end of lightning into the otg cable

8) plug otg cable into remote

9) pad/controller will make a sound to make connection

10) On your iphone you'll get the "This accessory may not be etc, etc" HIT dismiss to ignore message

11) Camera view pops up.

I am very new to all of this but this sequence works for me. Hope this may help others.

Funny,
That’s who I bought my OTG Cable from…which still isn’t working after a factory reset.

Funny,
That’s who I bought my OTG Cable from…which still isn’t working after a factory reset.
Here is one more video that helped me set up my OTG CABLE. The one he shows and uses is the one I purchased on Amazon in a 2 pack just like his. They work just fine.
I know this whole OTG thing has been very frustrating in large part because DJI does not support it

The sequence is critical... i you open the app before plugging the cable, it's doesn't work... if you plug the otg into the controller before the lighting on the iOS device, it won't work..

When switching battery on the spark, you have to turn off the controlle, exit the app and unplug the otg (lighting can stay in the phone)

Reactions: Born In The Bronx
So the new cable I ordered from Amazon I got today. Followed the correct sequence, and IT WORKED! Thanks guys!

Need to return the original bum cable that I bought from the Drone Valley guy who happens not to respond to emails requesting a return. Buyers beware.

So the new cable I ordered from Amazon I got today. Followed the correct sequence, and IT WORKED! Thanks guys!

Need to return the original bum cable that I bought from the Drone Valley guy who happens not to respond to emails requesting a return. Buyers beware.
GREAT NEWS. Glad we were all able to help. We all had a learning curve with the OTG Cable issues. So thankful for this forum and the internet. The Drone Valley guys seems to be honest, give him a chance to get back to you and please keep us updated with his response (or lack of)

GREAT NEWS. Glad we were all able to help. We all had a learning curve with the OTG Cable issues. So thankful for this forum and the internet. The Drone Valley guys seems to be honest, give him a chance to get back to you and please keep us updated with his response (or lack of)
Bronx Guy thanks for all your help. My Spark connects soon as I turn on the Spark and controller with the new cable without following any sequence. Drone Valley guy refunded me after a few days after I filed a PayPal dispute. Am grateful to this forum.

Dear all,

I am experiencing a different issue with my OTG connection. I am using a Samsung A5 phone and I strictly follow the sequence. When I plug the cable the A5 recognise an usb device is being plugged and I have a DJI dialog box poping up asking if I want to connect but as soon as it appears, it disapears and reappears, blinking like in crazy loop mode " i am there / i'm not here anymore/ I am there / etc..." impossible to connect in such a situation.
Did anyone experience that or have any clus how to solve it ?

Dear all,

I am experiencing a different issue with my OTG connection. I am using a Samsung A5 phone and I strictly follow the sequence. When I plug the cable the A5 recognise an usb device is being plugged and I have a DJI dialog box poping up asking if I want to connect but as soon as it appears, it disapears and reappears, blinking like in crazy loop mode " i am there / i'm not here anymore/ I am there / etc..." impossible to connect in such a situation.
Did anyone experience that or have any clus how to solve it ?

I'm not a Samsung user so my post was for those with an iPhone, however I'm inclined to think as others have suggested it might be your cable. These OTG cables can be finicky and many of them do no work with certain phones. I'd do some Samsung/OTG Cable internet searches to see what brands seem to work. That's how I found the correct cable for the iPhones

Reactions: GGV24
I'm not a Samsung user so my post was for those with an iPhone, however I'm inclined to think as others have suggested it might be your cable. These OTG cables can be finicky and many of them do no work with certain phones. I'd do some Samsung/OTG Cable internet searches to see what brands seem to work. That's how I found the correct cable for the iPhones

I tried 2 différents OTG adaptors I could find here in KL. The first one was really cheap stuff (8 myr!) and I suspected what you said. Then I bought another one, the most expensive I could find (16 myr!!!). Again you might be right I need to find some kind of genuine one. Regarding USB cable I tried different cables I had and surprisingly some give the blinking effect some other don't give any connection. It s amazing how different can be these piece of equipment looking alike from outside...

Hi
For those who still facing OTG problem, guess what solved the problem with my spark? it was just a matter of false side of connection,, it wasn't about following specific order, if you connected it correctly on an Android you should even get a pop message asking to open DJI Go 4 automatically!
I tried many times and it wouldn't connect at all until I realized that OTG should be connected to the RC itself NOT the mobile. I have tried it with 3 android, it is the same problem with the same simple solution. One of them interestingly has a micro-USB type C, Amazon short simple cable (USB-b to USB-c) didn't work here too! but using classic OTG with an extra adaptor to convert the other end to USB-c worked very well! why is that, I don't know! See the attached photos for explanation!

Attachments

• IMG_20170920_011741.jpg
    IMG_20170920_011741.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170920_011924.jpg
    IMG_20170920_011924.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170920_012040.jpg
    IMG_20170920_012040.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170920_012118.jpg
    IMG_20170920_012118.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20170920_012153.jpg
    IMG_20170920_012153.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 17
Yes, it should be OTG adapter on the RC. The RC should charge a little the phone. If you do it the opposite way, it will otherwise not work and the phone will charge at high rate the RC (can be 1A and quickly depleted the phone battery).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme