Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best resources for local flying laws / rules.

Flying_Over_Atlanta

Join
Apr 11, 2018
I'm a nervous flyer! I've read what I found on the FAA site (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) but wanted to know if there are local laws that I also need to pay attention to. If there are - where would I find them for the Atlanta, GA, USA area?

If anyone has checklists, rule books or anything else we should all be reviewing - I would love to see it. I just want to be sure I stay on top of the rules and don't put myself in a bad spot!

Thank you!

Hello from the Mid-West, Flying_Over_Atlanta.

These two Apps available in the app stores will help you find a safe place to fly in your area.

Screenshot_20171211-181636.jpg
Although AirMap won't know of local ordinances that may affect your flight like parks and schools, it does a good job overall to find the perfect location.

UAV forecast is a one stop shop for flight conditions in the airspace around you.

I check them both before flight each time.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

I have found AirMap almost knows too much! Lol! It is quite good and knowing rules, especially in USA.

I'm a nervous flyer! I've read what I found on the FAA site (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) but wanted to know if there are local laws that I also need to pay attention to. If there are - where would I find them for the Atlanta, GA, USA area?

If anyone has checklists, rule books or anything else we should all be reviewing - I would love to see it. I just want to be sure I stay on top of the rules and don't put myself in a bad spot!

Thank you!
you could start with Ga as a whole with this link. Otherwise, maybe the AMA can help with the local laws
Arkansas – State Drone Law

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav