Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery failed within 24 hours. Did I overcharge it?

Karen

Join
Dec 1, 2017
Bought a new Spark from Target online (no controller and only 1 battery). I unpacked and started charging it yesterday (attached to the drone using the USB charger supplied with the drone). Also registered it and set up the DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone. The quick start guide said it would take 1 hr 20 min to charge, however I only got 1 light after 2 to 3 hours so left it charging overnight (oops). This morning when testing the charge there are no lights at all. Should I return/exchange the Spark? Other thoughts? Totally bummed.

I only got 1 light after 2 to 3 hours so left it charging overnight (oops).
No worries. You cannot overcharge Spark batteries by keeping them connected to the battery charger for a long period of time.

This morning when testing the charge there are no lights at all.
No lights illuminate on the battery when pressing the battery button or when attaching the battery to the battery charger? If so, it sounds like you have a defective battery.

No worries. You cannot overcharge Spark batteries by keeping them connected to the battery charger for a long period of time.

No lights illuminate on the battery when pressing the battery button or when attaching the battery to the battery charger? If so, it sounds like you have a defective battery.

Yes, no lights when pressing battery button or when attaching the battery to the drone. and yes, i think it is defective and have started the process to return the drone. thanks so much for your response!

Was the battery pushed in all the way? All lights off when fully charged. Were the lights blinking when being charged?

Suggests the battery wasn't charging, but actually emptying itself and is now completely empty. Changing USB cable or replugging the charger might have been a good idea after seeing the indicator didn't go up.

Was the battery pushed in all the way? All lights off when fully charged. Were the lights blinking when being charged?

Yes, battery was pushed in all the way. Lights were blinking when I went to bed. Not blinking when I got up but no lights at all when pressing the button.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I bought the Target Spark as well. First one, charged 100%. Had battery voltage with 0.10v variance.

Exchanged for another at Target, second one had the same issue! So now I have had two new in box Sparks that can't even fly (due to battery error)

Third times a charm though...works just fine

Been flying for years, and this is certainly not my first DJI (Phantoms and Inspires) but it is my first Spark. Not off to a good start!!

Well if it makes you feel any better, I bought the Target Spark as well. First one, charged 100%. Had battery voltage with 0.10v variance.

Exchanged for another at Target, second one had the same issue! So now I have had two new in box Sparks that can't even fly (due to battery error)

Third times a charm though...works just fine

Been flying for years, and this is certainly not my first DJI (Phantoms and Inspires) but it is my first Spark. Not off to a good start!!

Glad it worked the 3rd time. I purchased another one also, and that one charged OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers