Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery Eject!!

DJI should include this "clip" in their kits. I bought one when I got the drone and never flew without it.

8BFC2A39-2E10-4CFD-87A0-854F82A166F6.jpeg My battery fell off over water. Customer service was amazing. Didn’t recover drone but sent them flight logs. I received a coupon code and got a whole brand new kit. Spark, Battery, Card and misc.

Reactions: Spark 317
Can someone pay where to get this battery clip?
o ring has been a fail safe addition to my spark after five crashes from sepration i got a main board motor and a set of props all taken care of by dji actually went threw 3 sets of props but thats kinda alright by me ive got to smaller o rings square noted in the back won,t fly with out

Received everything back from DJI, including a new battery. It looks like a brand new one with cello covers on the optics.
My battery clip will always fly with the Spark from now on.
Interestingly, my batteries were both the new style with the larger lugs. I always did the tug test (pretty sure I did this time) so unsure how it happened.
I tried to put the battery badly to replicate the issue but couldn’t. It was always firmly located.
Still, happy chappy with my Spark back.
Happy flying all!

Another option thanks to a prior pilot on here....pickup a #141 O ring at your local hardware store. This O ring will fit around the rear prop arms and cover the back of the battery to ensure it does not eject. I picked up two for 75 cents last week.

Possible theory, could the heat generated from the Spark in flight be causing the battery ejects?

Last edited:
Reactions: Freight
Another option thanks to a prior pilot on here....pickup a #141 O ring at your local hardware store. This O ring will fit around the rear prop arms and cover the back of the battery to ensure it does not eject. I picked up two for 75 cents last week.

I did the same thing from that post.:)

I'm able to use the prop guards with the O ring. I couldn't do that with the clip.

I have my strobes attached to the prop guards and didn't want to put Velcro on the Spark itself.

What is the secret to receive a 100% reimbursement from DJI? I had a battery eject case open with DJI (drone was lost in the water, not recovered); but their log analysis is in-conclusive (record shows good signal, full battery power, just ending abruptly above water):

1 the GPS signal was fine and the aircraft worked under GPS mode.
2 t=02-51 h=36.6m d=76.4m the app record ended when the aircraft was hovering.
3 takeoff ####;end ######
Conclusion: unknown reason.

I had a back and forth e-mail exchange with support - was initially offered a 30% discount, escalated to a manager - they now offer 50% discount... seems like it is a final offer.

Would someone, who had similar case and received 100% reimbursement, be willing to share their case #, so I could quote it in my communication with DJI?

I had the same thing happen. bought a mavic pro. LOVED it so much bought the spark for small selfie flights and kayaking. took off from my driveway, hovered about 4 feet for a few seconds to make sure things were stable. started across the street towards some woods and at 12 feet up i saw the battery pop out and my spark crash. after SEVERAL phone conversations, emails etc, i sent the spark and two defective batteries (you can tell by how high the latches come up on the battery) back to DJI. After two weeks and sync'ing flight records 4 times (even after telling them the exact date, time, second of the incident) they FINALLY sent a repair bill for $150 but said it was covered under warranty. i had to call them back because they only showed one battery but i had sent two defective ones in. I was headed for vacation so ended up buying another spark to take (glad i did). immediately purchased the plastic battery retainer from amazon. Love it but was bummed about not being able to use the prop guards. I'm glad i searched today and found this forum. i will DEFINITELY try the O-ring fix. DJI dragged their feet but I believe they will take care of it and I also believe they make the absolute best drones!!

Happy flying

I searched all the box style hardware stores locally, the biggest I was able to find was #136, many didn't even have o-rings.
It just so happened I need a conical grinding bit and realized that Grangier was a few minutes away. I asked the Clerk if they carried either #140 or #141. The didn't stock #140's but they had #141's. $2.19 for a 10 pack, smallest quantity they had. Now the bad news, I need to buy 9 more sparks!

Reactions: rich777
so this solved 1 of 9 to come, , actually glad to here and you did the studys I just have two i found around tied in a square knot ,thank you Dave Canada

I recently had a battery ejection event last week. I was unable to locate the drone after several hours of searching. I sent all of the info to DJI and their reply was "undetermined cause for failure". They offered 30% discount on replacement, which I've turned down. I mentioned the Battery eject issue and I'm asking them to reconsider replacing at their expense. How where some of you able to get full replacement from DJI. I'm ready to fight with them.....any advise on what steps to esculate?

It might be a stretch to ask them to replace it without the drone or battery to examine. Did you upload your flight records? That might help. Unless you have the battery...how can you be sure that was the cause?

Yes, I did upload the flight records along with the video I was taking. Granted I was unable to recover the drone and prove loss of the battery. Flight record and video both show sudden loss of contact with the drone seconds after switching into sport mode and going full forward. I felt with everything running perfect up to that moment and through deductive reasoning, what else could it have been. If a bird hit it, I should have seen it go down somewhat in the video. DJI is not budging on the 30% offer because I cant prove cause. I've replaced the drone at my expense and letting it go as a lesson learned. I did purchase the battery hold bracket.

It might be a stretch to ask them to replace it without the drone or battery to examine. Did you upload your flight records? That might help. Unless you have the battery...how can you be sure that was the cause?

The battery issue was frustrating. Definitely left a lot of doubt when flying my drones. I still think DJI drones are the best. Happy flying :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe