Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery died in storage

Ulk1

Join
Sep 23, 2017
Hi I have 4 spark batterys they were fully charged did not use them for about 12 days
3 batterys drained down to 75 % showing 3 lights 1 battery is drained out completely no lights any suggestions
Did any one have the same problem
Thanks

Hi I have 4 spark batterys they were fully charged did not use them for about 12 days
3 batterys drained down to 75 % showing 3 lights 1 battery is drained out completely no lights any suggestions
Did any one have the same problem
Thanks
Did you tried to put in the charger hub (do you have one) ?
Maybe it has gone to hibernation mode for wrong reason.

The batters will Auto Discharge to around 65% if not used after 10 days..

Put the battery to charge in the hub no lights were blinking so I thought it was dead as it was not charging
Then pressed the button to check it showed all 4 lights so charged it just came to life
Will see how it holds while flying

Put the battery to charge in the hub no lights were blinking so I thought it was dead as it was not charging
Then pressed the button to check it showed all 4 lights so charged it just came to life
Do NOT store your batteries fully charged unless you want to destroy them prematurely. The self discharge feature set at 10 days is much too long IMO and is not able to be set by the user as you can on other DJI platforms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antonio
Ok, sounds fine. The batteries will self discharge to storage level after 10 days, so you don't really to take care of storage level for batteries if you have first charged them.
What you should not do is leaving fully discharged batteries (<2 LEDs) without recharging for more than a few days.

Any of the battery below 10%??

On the DJI website:
"The battery will enter Hibernation Mode after six hours of inactivity when the battery
level is less than 10% to prevent over discharging. The battery level indicators will not light up.
Charging the battery will wake it from hibernation."

Yeah, no... 10 days is NOT too long to store a fully charged battery let alone a DJI Smart Battery. Now I don't recommend storing batteries fully charged long-term as they will be adversely affected and can swell.

I've been using Lipos for many, many years initially in R/C cars. I raced locally and nationally. So keeping my Lipos in tip-top shape is/was a priority. I've kept batteries fully charged up to 21 days with no adverse affect. The only thing was to "top them off" and they ran fine. But not "typically" longer than that.

While I still store my "flight" batteries at a post-flight capacity, I don't worry about storing my DJI batteries even if I only flew a few minutes as the smart technology will start to discharge them. Sure if you get a bad battery where that doesn't work, it can either kill your battery or not discharge it. But I've got over a dozen DJI batteries for my drones and they all work as advertised regarding automatically discharging to a safe level...

Do NOT store your batteries fully charged unless you want to destroy them prematurely. The self discharge feature set at 10 ads is much too long IMO and is not able to be set by the user as you can on other DJI platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit