Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot Beta

Downloaded beta and ran 2 batteries yesterday. Seemed to have massive power draw from the app on my iPhone 6 resulting in a dead phone after a battery and a half use.

Also tried Orbit/Circle several times, but the circle was very eccentric.

Has anyone been able to palm land while the app is running but not engaged? I couldn't get it to work in several attempts.

Yesterday I`ve tested the behavior of the spark when pressing RTH on remote and AP is running.
Remote beeps, but Spark flew only 10 cm forward, then 10cm backward and so on.
Exit AP, Spark went to ATTI mode ? and drifted away. Could only fly fowards and backwards with the sticks of the remote, up/down was not possible.
After terminating AP in background and starting DJI Go4, I regain control and spark flew normal.
Conclusion:
-RTH via Hardware not possible in AP
-when ever changing between AP and DJI Go4, first used app must terminated in background

Installed DJI Go4 update plus new firmware for AC and remote. All worked flawlessly.
180 degree pano only 3.4 MP
Autopilot (version 159) worked also, but zip line has yet
the same problem as mentioned above.
Shut off RC to simulate loss of connection. Now Spark did RTH as wanted.

Flew tonight with updated software and fw. Latest beta. Had a flyaway with Focus and return to home did not work from remote. Had to quit AP and open Go to be able to get bird back.

Orbit worked better but stopped several times during the orbit.

Was able to palm launch but could not palm land.

Anyone know how we report issues on their he beta? I have asked them after signup but have not heard anything back.

@neilw
"Anyone know how we report issues on their he beta?"

Maybe the app will send the flight log to Hangar in the background

Didn`t test Focus yet, Orbit worked flawlessly.

Since I bought spark, I flew around 30 km without issues.
At some locations I noticed a message in the Go4 app that there are interferences and landing is strongly recommended.
When using Autopilot, I only have telemetry data, to make the decision "fly or not" at a specific location. Sure, I first can test interferences with Go4, but that sucks.
I' m very impressed by the possibilities of AP, but for a safe flight it should check the frequency spectrum (wifi) and give a
big pop up warning if there are interferences.

Please Hangar, for safe flight extend the code of AP and integrate this check.

Having issues with beta including today's build 161. If doing Orbit or Cruise, within 3-5 minutes into the flight, the app crashes. Does it each and every time. Using RC with either an iPhone 6 or an iPad Mini 3. Have reported it but no fix in last 3 betas.

Tested build 161 with a few waypoints and orbit today.
No issues so far (iPhone 7).
Orbit was smooth, but one stop within.

Today I decided to test LCMC(Lost Connection Mission Continuation). Put a few waypoints together and engaged Mission. Spark won't takeoff. AP shows "Mission not executable" So LCMC isn't possible for now.

Executed a couple of Waypoint missions on Build 161; It gave me a battery data transmission error and started hovering between two waypoints. Killed the Autopilot app and tried to engage DJI Go 4 but the AC was pretty far away to establish a connection, RTH activated because of signal loss and the AC started heading home. I allways take off using DJI Go 4 so the home point was updated on take off. Once the AC was within RC range it reconnected to the RC and I could disable RTH and land normally. I repeated the mission but did the take off closer to the mission path and the AC performed flawlessly.

I'm on RC with iPhone 7, without OTG cable, today trying the new updated one AP, seem working fine but in the mid flight keep showing no Battery information and then come back, Don't know why, it wasn't have that issue with the last ver.

@Rcc

I've checked my flightlogs (previous versions too) and found this messages:
"No battery available" and
"Telemetry not available"

But there was no influence in flight behavior.
(iPhone 7,RC, no OTG)

You guys are operating in the stratosphere to us nubies: from the start, how do you get into Autopilot Beta, and will it work on I phone 5?

I'm new from Drone not sure where can I find the log, but I've screen record on the last ver it showing the whole waypoint have no warning message about the battery information, it's was last ver.

Then I updated the latest ver over the weekend and trying yesterday, first time I saw those error message about the battery information.

@Rcc

I've checked my flightlogs (previous versions too) and found this messages:
"No battery available" and
"Telemetry not available"

But there was no influence in flight behavior.
(iPhone 7,RC, no OTG)

Hi Rcc,

connect iPhone to PC (ITunes). Select apps, then AP.
You will find a folder "flights". Copy to PC. There will be one .zip per flight. Extract and you can open file with Exel.

Nice location btw (England?)

I will try this evening, cross the sea, Dublin, Ireland.

Hi Rcc,

connect iPhone to PC (ITunes). Select apps, then AP.
You will find a folder "flights". Copy to PC. There will be one .zip per flight. Extract and you can open file with Exel.

Nice location btw (England?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit