Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you happy with your Spark?

Are you happy with your Spark?

• Yes I am happy I bought a Combo and have no intention of selling it.

Votes: 82 76.6%
  • Yes I am happy I bought an individual Spark and have no intention of selling it.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No I am not happy with my Spark Combo and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • No I am not happy with my individual Spark and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Totally agree with aviscomi, price should include the RC. I would never control an aircraft without using a device specifically designed for the purpose. Controlling a drone with a phone is asking for trouble. It's not a toy: it can cause really serious harm.

It also took me a long time and lots of effort (hitting up forums etc) to connect the RC to the aircraft. This is supposed to be done at the factory for the flymore package, but clearly in my case was not. It worked as soon as I learned about the three-button reset.

I'm also not thrilled that the gimbal essentially turns off in sport mode.

Other than all that, and as a Mavic owner, I'm happy with it. I'll use it for circumstances where I don't need 4K and risking the Mavic wouldn't make sense.

Totally agree on the RC should have been included with the standard package. The Spark is small and does probably a little less than half the stuff a Mavic can do. Its basically a starter drone for newbies but some might still hesitate at the $499 price point without a remote. Perhaps the Spark should have been $399 by itself and with the remote somewhere like $525 or something. But I can totally see a Spark + Remote deal around the holidays.

Happy with the combo. I can't imagine why anyone would not buy the controller. Did a few flights today in 15kts wind, didn't push to far (about 1100' distance at th most) but no controller issue. Videos and pics are the excellent. Haven't tried gesture control, and probably never will... don't really see the point.

I have used a somebody else's Mavic before, I feel the spark offers 90% of the Mavic capabilities at half the cost. Good deal

Very happen with the combo. The small size is what got me, and then the quality of the photos and videos, is what kept me. I have two DJI drones, and this has everything on it that I wish the other two had.

Oh, and don't worry about the RC being included with the $499 version. It has always been my luck that as soon as I buy something like this, they upgrade it for the same price.

TL;DR - it's pretty sweet. Excellent for beginners. Don't buy it for just the gesture mode.

I am very pleased with the spark. This is my first "high end" drone and I'm relatively new to this drone stuff. For a beginner, it's excellent. I got the fly more combo plus another 2 batteries. Also bought an iPad stand, joystick holder, and waiting on a hard case.

Seeing I'm still new, I haven't flown it more than 1100ft distance (scared of loosing it). I've seen videos of it reaching 6000ft plus, but with how much I invested in it, it will be a while till I feel confident to even go a mile.

Was looking at the mavic hard, but for my hobby use, I couldn't justify the $1200 price tag (w/ fly more combo). Maybe some day I'll get a big boy drone, but for now, it's me and my spark. For a beginner, it's fun, easy to handle (with controller), and stuns the heck out of non-drone people.

Only negative I'd have to say is the gesture mode. IMHO, it's garbage. I've tried it a couple times, and it didn't do too well. With that said, I haven't sat down and really dedicated time to work with the gesture mode. Maybe that will convince me to change my opinion. If the gesture mode is why you're looking into it, I'd hold off till some better updates are applied and it's more reliable. This is still relatively new, so I believe the best is yet to come.

I think the Mavic Pro is too good a all round product. Spark had a lot to live up too, so feel a little underwhelmed. But for those who haven't experienced the other DJI products, they are amazed.
I am one of those people. I have a reliable Blade Chroma that I'm still fond of but I'm blown away at the tech and features of the DJI Spark. For me it's like the difference between driving my first car and now driving a 2018 vehicle.

Plus the size for having a drone with me for traveling is fantastic. I hastily looked at the offerings in this area and before I bought it I felt none of the other offerings were as good. Now that I have experienced it I feel that more strongly.

Just like a lot of BS in the Chroma forums IMO a vast majority of issues are operator error and inexperienced pilots unfamiliar with features controls limitations or settings of flight modes. Couple that with carelessness or overconfidence and stuff happens. If the Spark was too cheap there would be too many more of them and many more dropping out of the sky.

I have a P3, P4P, and a Mavic. The Spark looks really fun, but way too expensive for what it is, esp. with no remote.

I'll probably be investing in a mini from another brand unless there's a good deal this Christmas.

I have a P3, P4P, and a Mavic. The Spark looks really fun, but way too expensive for what it is, esp. with no remote.
I'll probably be investing in a mini from another brand unless there's a good deal this Christmas.

So
You're happy you don't have and are not getting a Spark?o_O

Reactions: Prettyfly
I would be happy with it if I did not have to switch the transmitter off to silence the beeper when it is returning home.

I would be happy with it if I did not have to switch the transmitter off to silence the beeper when it is returning home.
You know that you can return home manually ;) ?
RTH should be kept for emergency cases.

It returns home every time it looses connection (CE mode), and I can’t fly it manually before it reconnects. So I must switch the transmitter off to stop the beeping.

But how do you know when it reconnect if you turn off the RC ?

My Spark purchase just proved to be a really good thing as my Mavic just told me it has an ESC Motor error. So the Spark will take the sting out of the Mavic repair process and dealing with DJI. Thanks Spark.

Same, Spark is so easy to take with you. It also saved my vacation when I had issue with my Phantom 3, I would have not taken my second Phantom but the Spark why not.

Yes, happy with the Spark. Just wish it had the better RC range and reliability of the Mavic controller.

But I don’t care for DJI practices, extremely hesitant to buy any more DJI products until privacy and security is addressed.

I do agree the beeping is way too loud. I was considering opening up the controller and putting a piece of duct tape across the beeper where ever it is.

Super happy with my Spark. I got the combo and just wish I sprung for 1 or 2 more batteries. This thing is awesome with the new firmware and everything works flawlessly now. Even on an Android device. I own 3 drones and this one is by far my favorite one to fly.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

I do agree the beeping is way too loud. I was considering opening up the controller and putting a piece of duct tape across the beeper where ever it is.
I have done that. At first. Then ended up with stuffing dense packaging foam in between the beeper top and the bottom of the rc casing. I helped some, but not enough.
I only removed the two screws and the back panel.
The beeper is pointing downwards, somewhere below the right stick.

I have done that. At first. Then ended up with stuffing dense packaging foam in between the beeper top and the bottom of the rc casing. I helped some, but not enough.
I only removed the two screws and the back panel.
The beeper is pointing downwards, somewhere below the right stick.
Thanks for the tip, I'll open it up tonight and see what I can stuff in there. I have some left over Pink insulation that is Quiet Zone. That might do it.

I recently bought the Spark combo and it's superb. Yes there are some flaws but the footage it provides and it's stability is impressive.
I've spent the last three years with a home made Q450 Naza V2 Quad. It's has a Simon k based 2 axis gimbal with a decent action cam and Fat sharks.
I've spent three years fighting the Gimbal shake and prop vibration. The AC landing it's self (usually in an inaccessible place) at random and getting windows 10 to communicate with the Naza was a pain.....no a right royal pain in the backside.
Yes I could do 1km distance but filmed most of my video within 300/400m.
The Spark in comparison is a dream.

Sent from my SM-G925F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Reactions: sebip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe