Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone tried the new Go 4 v4.1.8 for Android yet?

Talking about the Android version, I've been getting choppy 10s+audio Dronies lately, am I the only one or is it a bug in the Android versions?

Could be a bug as I found one dated from August 22nd that's perfectly smooth but has no audio. It might have been done with an older version.

Talking about the Android version, I've been getting choppy 10s+audio Dronies lately, am I the only one or is it a bug in the Android versions?

Could be a bug as I found one dated from August 22nd that's perfectly smooth but has no audio. It might have been done with an older version.
OT - This thread is concerned with v4.1.8

Not really, the implication of course was that this new version might fix this problem, unless I'm the only one experiencing it.

OK, so have downloaded and flown.
Absolutely no difference.
So no doubt just the usual bloatware rubbish from the DJI coding chimps.
OTG still working.
Still no option for sensible 2.4/5.8 swap to avoid the DFS channels in CE mode so they haven't even attempted to fix that!

This version may have the new "Spere" picture mode announced at IFA this past week.

When I see it on DJI's website I will try it. And not until then.
There's just too many generic hacks out there.
(No, I don't mess with Litchi either!!)
:eek:

Reactions: Dronason
When I see it on DJI's website I will try it. And not until then.
There's just too many generic hacks out there.
(No, I don't mess with Litchi either!!)
:eek:
It's an official version - digitally signed by DJI.
Just hasn't made it to the Play Store yet (or uploaded to DJI servers.
Although, there is absolutely no difference that I can see in GUI/UI/Features or anything else. They make mention of useless pointless bloatware for the Editor function.
Never used it or opened it and never will. Maybe that's where all the coding effort went instead of actually concentrating on useful features and bug fixes? :rolleyes:

Why yes, flew 2 batts with new Go4 v4.1.8 app, and it Sucks..
okay Why?- live video feed is a Much lower Resolution now, it randomly gets choppy and pixelated.. Difficult to setup a photoshot, Nasty..
(And i am using an OTG cable "?")
Deleted.. reinstalled v4.1.3 and woolla Crystal Clear live feed again..
Nice going dji.. Fix OTHER things..
Like picture mode filling the screen at 16:9

I did notice that the app is sometimes less responsive now compared to previous versions. I first started noticing that with 4.1.4 I think. Restarting the app sometimes helps.

It seems to be more ressource intensive for some reason. That's probably why the 10s Dronie clip recorded on the phone is pixelated too, it wasn't the case with 4.1.3.

The only problem with modded 4.1.3 is that Panos cannot be stitched in the app, this process crashes.

Me being as avid with computers as i am, have learned Long beforehand, to only use the device for the capture.. Computer/phone for post everything..

Like movies- i'll never use the Same software to compile video and encode audio at the same time.. There IS a quality differential that is quite noticeable..

So i release the strain from Go4 to do anymore than capture.. Any Real software can stitch much better than dji (dji is Not a software company, are they..)
So please, for pixelated purposes, Don't use Go4..
Compression algorithms suck anyway..

Response to editor- changes/improvements?
i didn't see that part in the header
But i am showing the People- changes good or bad are acceptable.. i find nothing good, but rather a downgrade from previous versions..

Another concern i found with Go4 v.8 in addition to the Lower resolution choppy distorted live view feed that drops in/out
(using OTG and less than 40feet from the remote)

The info header has larger icons now- don't know how many Sats I'm connected to, it's overlapped by the icon..
and I'm using the 5.7" LG screen

Glad i am a ROM programmer- apk extract of 4.1.3 to to a Safe location for further use/installation prior to "testing" the Apple policy of upgrade wether you like it or not
(see Sept 1st dji statement)

Which leads me to my Next statement of this android app- Extremely Resource Hungry (as 4.1.6 was as well) it will suck your battery dry at 99% utilization drain searching for an access point to talk to homebase..

I recommend to Force Close this app as Soon as your done using your drone..

Last edited:
Hi, I installed it a few days ago. Everything turned bad. Camera and video lags (5 seconds+), disconnected (10 m), strange error messages (error 101)!! I have been flying the Spark for weeks without any trouble until now.
I own the Spark combo, and here in southern Chile there are no restrictions, I live in a farm, 500 m height and 1400 m reach are normal.
I uninstalled this version, and installed yhe previous one (with apk installer), and everything is normal now.
Now I´m heading to the mountains, lets see what happens.
Hope this helps...

Reactions: Michael G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme