Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone in Wisconsin?

Anyone from WI?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to the Forum.

Madison was my first snowmobile trip from Indiana a long time ago.

Love the northern part of Wisconsin. Trails everywhere.:)

Reactions: ICU2
Nice to see a forum for Spark pilots. But there doesn’t seem to be much activity for the Midwest.
Was hoping to find someone who could help me figure out how to fly the Spark.
Just received it 2 weeks ago but it’s too cold to fly it outdoors so I need a step by step walk through to learn basics inside my apartment (12 ft ceilings).
Trying to learn all I can before trying it out.
Thanks Spark 317

...to learn basics inside my apartment (12 ft ceilings).

Be careful you don't get too close to the ceiling, the prop wash will suck it up to the ceiling like an upside air hockey puck.

It's shocking and funny at the same time.

I've been flying for about 3 weeks now from Milwaukee WI Here is a photo from today, a cold brisk Christmas Morning.
View media item 126
Very nice photo. And you braved the 10 degrees with the Spark? I haven’t flown it at all. A little nervous about taking it for a flight because I want to learn all I can first. I live in a No Fly Zone too. Happy Holidays!

Best thing to do is watch some You Tube videos then find a park to fly it.
Do you know if there are any WI Drone Pilots groups in WI? Would be fun to join one or create one. Is there a way to add you as a friend on here?
On Facebook there is a DJI Spark Group I’m a part of. You’re welcome to join and/or add me as a friend.
My name is Michael Li Donne in real life and Facebook.
Security Check That’s the Spark Group on Facebook.

First day on here. Looking for pilots near Madison WI.
Anyone?

Yup... I work in Madison, and live in Oconomowoc. I have had the Mavic for a while, and just bought the Spark yesterday. It has been to cold to even try it out.

Yup... I work in Madison, and live in Oconomowoc. I have had the Mavic for a while, and just bought the Spark yesterday. It has been to cold to even try it out.

Hi. Great to meet some pilots from around the area. You have a bit of a drive to work and back.
I've been doing some test runs indoors to learn the controls. I have to think of it as buying a new video game, the more I play the quicker I'll learn the new controller configurations.
Way to cold for anything outside.

Being that I'm in a No Fly Zone, my phone gives me verbal and text warnings constantly even when flying indoors.

I'm taking an FAA Commercial Drone Pilot course this weekend in Madison to prepare me for the written FAA Commercial Drone Pilot test and hopefully I can get rid of the annoying NFZ warnings and make some money as a contractor on the side.

I'm sure you'll be flying the Spark with ease being that you've piloted the Mavic?
My brother has a Mavic Pro but doesn't have a clue nor the inclination to learn to fly it. Just likes toys I guess?

Green Bay here. Too cold too fly, plus I’m laid up. Just had foot surgery.
I lived in Green Bay for a few years. I’m originally from Marinette (50 miles north on 41).
Weather isn’t much warmer in Madison.
Looks like this Wednesday might warm up to 35, then I’m taking it outside to get some real videos.
I used to work in surgery, take it easy with that foot.

I lived in Green Bay for a few years. I’m originally from Marinette (50 miles north on 41).
Weather isn’t much warmer in Madison.
Looks like this Wednesday might warm up to 35, then I’m taking it outside to get some real videos.
I used to work in surgery, take it easy with that foot.

Thanks, I will.

Spend our winter in Kansas & summers in Hayward area. If you get up that way, give a shout out.

Hayward is nice. I used to do the Fat Tire Festival races out there a long time ago. That would be a great place to get some drone shots.

I’m down in Racine county. We’re getting a nice break in the weather today, hope everyone has to chance to get out and fly. Today was only the third or fourth time I was able to fly mine outdoors. That being said I learned a lot about handling it precisely while flying it in my basement and garage this winter. I wouldn’t hesitate to practice indoors at all, especially if you have 12 foot ceilings. Just have to be smooth and slow with the controls.

East side Milwaukee checking in! Bought the spark a week ago as my first drone and loving it. Excited for some warmer weather. Tested sport mode down at bradford Beach. This thing is amazing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast