Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Any of you use a gimbal/camera sunhood / shade?

NewYorkJack

Join
Dec 13, 2017
How many of you use a gimbal/camera sunhood/shade?
Is it worth it? Any recommendations?

A friend of mine got one from Ebay recently and it touches the side when the camera rotates/tilts. I don't think that's a good thing.

Here are a few sun shades that will not interfere with the Spark gimbal during flight:

1) AQGOODLIFE

Shade.jpg

2) SunnyLife (see it in action here)

Sunny.jpg

Can you reccomenend either of these?
I ordered the SunnyLife hood, but haven't received it yet. I like that design the best since it's more open on the top of the hood. That should prevent the issue that @lasorey noted above.

What do they do?
They block the sun light from hitting the camera -- which will help reduce/eliminate things like glare and prop shadows.

Just a friendly warning. A guy on the official DJI Forums lost his Spark. DJI deemed the hood/visor interfered with the sensor and wouldn’t approve his warranty claim.

For that reason alone, I would touch one of these things.
I've seen that thread too. When I last checked it out, I saw no mention of the hood brand the OP was using. That information would have been helpful since all hoods surely don't interfere with the downward sensors.

Reactions: LiamB
Ordered my SunnyLife hood at the end of December. It should be here in the next week or two. The other one as mentioned blocks too much - mostly noticed in panos. I hope I'm right in thinking the other will work without this issue.

Don't you mean the 1st one, AQGoodlife, would be better? Since it doesn't block the top sensor and more open?
No, I meant the SunnyLife hood.

The AQGOODLIFE hood is closer to the top of the camera, so the top of the picture could be blocked if you're flying forward fast (since the would case the front of the Spark to tilt down and the camera to tilt up). Depending on what you're doing, flying fast might be counterproductive though. My best shots were always taken while making slow movements with the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast