Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Antennas

Ben Chapman

Join
Oct 25, 2017
Are all the antennas about the same? I am looking at the 4Hawks, Itelite and the Titan, are there any others in the under $150 cost range? I like the Titan because they are 2 hours away from home and seem to have better customer service.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, don’t care about total distance just best signal within 1.5 miles away and closer.

4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender for DJI Mavic, Mavic Air and Spark Drones

Uav And Drone Antennas | United States | ITELITE ANTENNAS Inc.

Titan Drones, Inc.

Thats like a carnival freak show looks neat but is just not real

Why do you say it's not real? There have been many that tested those with similar results. Actually, some have gotten fantastic distances with the stock antenna. Are you having issues that makes you want to spend $150 on new antenna? You say you don't care about flying far (but in this post you also say "within 1.5 miles"...that's pretty darn far and actually farther than DJI advertises (1.2 miles).

Not trying to criticize in any way, just curious as to if you've had issues? I haven't had any issues to date with the stock antenna but I don't go over a mile away either.

A mile or under is fine for me, 10,000 feet is 1.9 miles, with a stock antenna? I have seen people claim that but I find it hard to believe I have been around a lot of sparks though none have made it further than 3/4 mile and that was an expieremced pilot.

A mile or under is fine for me, 10,000 feet is 1.9 miles, with a stock antenna? I have seen people claim that but I find it hard to believe I have been around a lot of sparks though none have made it further than 3/4 mile and that was an expieremced pilot.

Understood. I do believe the almost 2 miles with stock antenna although I agree rare...depends on a LOT of factors. The ones over water with no obstacles have a great chance at doing that. And there are video's of this being done. Yes, I know every one could be faked, but I don't believe that. From my comm knowledge and experience, while it's not the norm, it's definitely possible.

But you are the first I've seen talk about 3rd-party antenna and I must admit I'm intrigued! If one were to try and push the limit, that would definitely be the way to go!

I bought the Control 5.8 from Titan Drones, I liked that they modified the controller, well worth the cost for me, the new antenna is awesome, I am not a let's see how far I can go pilot. Though I have yet to lose the signal where before I did, I have not had any signal warnings. 350 ft up 2000+/- ft away and it was solid.

Having a solid connection is paramount in any regards. Whether flying the distance or simply weaving in and out of trees and foliage. Peaking over shrubbery or other fixed landmarks or stationary objects. Dipping down to get a closer field of view, below tree level. Exploring a cool forest setting. All warrant having a solid connection.
Except for flying the distance, which also does not interest me it is nice to know that the connection is there, if you ever do need it.
Yep, nothing more important then good ole peace of mind.
The parabolic extender, yep tried them. Unless you are pointing them right at the aircraft, you will lose the connection. that narrow beam becomes a lot narrower the further the aircraft is. I doubt anyone wants to be glued in a semi-fixed position for an entire flight.
But hey, subjective as it is with everything in this fascinating hobby. Which is why forums like this are so useful.
So “Run through the jungle” but keep your heads down’.

Reactions: Hddeuce03
Are all the antennas about the same? I am looking at the 4Hawks, Itelite and the Titan, are there any others in the under $150 cost range? I like the Titan because they are 2 hours away from home and seem to have better customer service.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, don’t care about total distance just best signal within 1.5 miles away and closer.

4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender for DJI Mavic, Mavic Air and Spark Drones

Uav And Drone Antennas | United States | ITELITE ANTENNAS Inc.

Titan Drones, Inc.
Here is a test I did with $8 parabolic range extenders and a few tips.

I had that precision landing happen to me the other day as far as I know the spark doesn't have that feature. What version of the app was you using and was you using WiFi or otg when this happened?

Reactions: Ben Chapman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh