Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Antenna Ranger Extender, increase from 1770m to 3044m

RustyStainless

Join
Sep 17, 2017
I'm pretty impressed with the results so far using a $9.39AUD Antenna Range Extender. On average, I'm getting an extra kilometre. Of course, as they say, your mileage may vary.
The funny thing was that when I first got the Spark, I would always turn it around and bring it home as soon as the "image signal" became weak, usually under 500m, for fear that it might crash. So when my antenna range extender arrived I set out to do the big comparison - No Extender vs Extender. Imagine my shock when the Spark pushed past 500m and kept going to 1770m. I then placed the Extender on and sent her off again - this time it reached 2875m. I felt so stupid that I had created a "mental" limitation that didn't exist. There has been so much discussion around CE and FCC that I was unsure if Australia was CE or FCC, and was that affecting the the Image signal strength. And I'm still not sure... but I'm definitely happy with 3044m (9986ft) with no hacks or mods.
Check out the video...

Hi nice video. U can Check ce or fcc. U have look at your WiFi Setting and 2,4ghz with 11 Channels is fcc and with 13 Channels ce.

Yes for some strange reason when you're not in OTG mode you start getting "signal weak" messages very early that can apparently (I only really fly in OTG mode for the lowest possible latency) be safely ignored.

It's amazing you got to 3000 meters using only 19% of the battery !

Yes for some strange reason when you're not in OTG mode you start getting "signal weak" messages very early that can apparently (I only really fly in OTG mode for the lowest possible latency) be safely ignored.

It's amazing you got to 3000 meters using only 19% of the battery !

That flight was with an OTG cable and there are some quick weak image warnings at 215m and 325m before a long one from 500m to 600m. When I first started flying I didn't understand that the "weak image" message didn't mean that the control signal was weak.
And yes, I'm really happy to be reaching those distances with still enough battery to take a tour on the way home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav