Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android Oreo

unserrer

Join
Aug 29, 2017
Warning - since updating my phone to latest Android Oreo I can no longer connect to my Spark via Wifi. I can connect to the RC and the RC is connected to the aircraft but DJI GO4 doesn't see it.

Used my daughter's iPod and works fine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Hold the battery button for 9 seconds to reset the wifi. This will default the wifi settings and switch it to 2.4Ghz

There's a good chance DJI hasn't patched the software for Oreo yet. Google just pushed it live to all non-beta Pixel owners this week. Have you tried OTG yet?

OTG works for Android and IOS, it's just a cable from the remote to the Phone while it's in airplane mode. Helps with range, that's all.
I've been using my BLU Life One X2

This means On The Go. wikipedia is your friend, not Google USB On-The-Go - Wikipedia
It allows connection of USB devices to another device called HOST that will provide power to the sub device. For application with the Spark, refer to the post of Bubbles!!! above.

I have O as well, on a Google Pixel XL.

You can still connect, don't worry!

Once you connect to the Spark in the Wi-Fi settings menu, wait about 10 seconds. You will see a popup notification at the top. Hit that, and it'll ask if you want to stay connected since there is no internet access. Hit YES. Once you do, go back into the GO4 app, and you'll be connected.

I'm an Android developer, I know these things. [emoji41]

There's a good chance DJI hasn't patched the software for Oreo yet. Google just pushed it live to all non-beta Pixel owners this week. Have you tried OTG yet?
I feel like I should have quoted someone asking this. But my previous reply answers your problem. No fault of either DJI or Google. [emoji41]

I have O as well, on a Google Pixel XL.

You can still connect, don't worry!

Once you connect to the Spark in the Wi-Fi settings menu, wait about 10 seconds. You will see a popup notification at the top. Hit that, and it'll ask if you want to stay connected since there is no internet access. Hit YES. Once you do, go back into the GO4 app, and you'll be connected.

I'm an Android developer, I know these things. [emoji41]

Thanks Midnight! But I don't get the popup :-(

If you already connected, select it, and hot FORGET. Then connect again

This really helped with the proviso you have to hold down the button for 6 secs (2 beeps) and then you get the prompt again!

Only thing.now is although I can connect and fly my aircraft (yay!) The connect via the RC doesn't seem to last long enough to download a 3 mins video from the onboard SD. Is this where I need the otg?

Superhelpful Midnight! Thanks so much! But now as per above - although I seem to be connected to the device (not had a change to try to fly it outside) I cannot seem to download a video from the SD.

I go into editor, Import from SD and select the video. It starts to download but then cuts out within a few seconds. Is this down to Oreo?

Superhelpful Midnight! Thanks so much! But now as per above - although I seem to be connected to the device (not had a change to try to fly it outside) I cannot seem to download a video from the SD.

I go into editor, Import from SD and select the video. It starts to download but then cuts out within a few seconds. Is this down to Oreo?
I'll have to try it. I doubt it's the fault of Oreo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers