Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android 4.2.8 is out!

First test run on 4.2.12 and SUCCESS! So far. I did a quick test about 100m away and controls and video were PERFECT. Hopefully they will eventually release this version formally and my Spark will be useful again! It was honestly amazing the difference between this and the old version. Charging up another battery (I don't leave them charged) and will take it out again.

So, yes OTG makes a HUGE difference for me with distance and performance...or maybe it's the new app. Possibly I'll try with the new app and WiFi....

Reactions: VenomousSVT
No absolutely nothing is working over otg and Wi-Fi is still laggy as hell on 4.2.8 uninstalled and gone back to the mod 2 app.
Flew 3 batteries with the 4.2.8 on my Samsung Galaxy s8 wifi only. It flew perfectly; no video lag, RTH and response was great. Always a little spooked at first about firmware upgrades and hearing all the issues folks are having. Would feel better using OTG, but so far so good.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
knowing they released .12 to an area of people, and there have been several updates to .12 as well, while the rest of us sit here without a working solution unless we want to void out warranty. I got my spark, got their extra coverage on it and it has sat in the bag wasting 3 months of that coverage because i cant fly it more than 40 ft without it getting so spotty with reception that I can only safely move it 5 ft, wait 10 seconds, another 5 foot, wait 10 seconds

I had an issue with my note 8 disconnecting, contacted DJI and they said my phone is not supported. ... Are they serious
I've got a Note8 myselves and I use it all the time when droning.
The not supported thingy with Note8 is prob. because it has no physical Home button.
Sometimes the bottom bar will cover the Go 4 app...
They will hopefully sort their stuff one day..

I've got a Note8 myselves and I use it all the time when droning.
The not supported thingy with Note8 is prob. because it has no physical Home button.
Sometimes the bottom bar will cover the Go 4 app...
They will hopefully sort their stuff one day..
Have you ever tried it with OTG?

knowing they released .12 to an area of people, and there have been several updates to .12 as well, while the rest of us sit here without a working solution unless we want to void out warranty. I got my spark, got their extra coverage on it and it has sat in the bag wasting 3 months of that coverage because i cant fly it more than 40 ft without it getting so spotty with reception that I can only safely move it 5 ft, wait 10 seconds, another 5 foot, wait 10 seconds

That was me! I even have one of the DJI Crystal Sky monitors and had the same issues with that!! So they can't claim it's not compatible. I have flown with the .12 at least a half a dozen times and it's MUCH better with the OTG cable on my Pixel 2 XL. Actually usable.

Reactions: VenomousSVT
All,

DJI GO 4 4.2.12 was available at google play for a limited people then it was pulled. I downloaded and installed it and it works quite well. It now has OTG support and this too works very well. Also the WiFi/ interference screen is working again showing all the signals. Not sure why DJI has pulled it and they offer no reason other than still not recommended. It is sure nice to have OTG working with the Spark.

You can download the apk at:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Have fun ~ Bill

So what are the steps for this? Do I uninstall my current ap, then click on your link to install then good to go?.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran