Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

Yeah but who is the youngest spark buyer?[emoji848][emoji3]

There's a member here from Hong Kong that was 11, now 12 that posted videos here.

He flys, edits, and uploads by himself.

I wouldn't put it past him that he earned the money to purchase it as well.

Reactions: maumau
I am 60, at least I will be next month, female, have flown about 112 times so far and even got my FAA unmanned pilot’s license/certificate. I found the test a bit challenging but studied and got it done the first time. I also have the DJI Phantom. I LOVE it. Always get an adrenalin rush after a successful flight. Never crashed on my own but had a loss due to battery falling off over water. Spark playing with the fish now. Got 100% credit for a new one from DJI.

Attachments

• CF261899-004E-4547-A8C3-6E021A992A78.jpeg
    CF261899-004E-4547-A8C3-6E021A992A78.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
I am 60, at least I will be next month, female, have flown about 112 times so far and even got my FAA unmanned pilot’s license/certificate. I found the test a bit challenging but studied and got it done the first time. I also have the DJI Phantom. I LOVE it. Always get an adrenalin rush after a successful flight. Never crashed on my own but had a loss due to battery falling off over water. Spark playing with the fish now. Got 100% credit for a new one from DJI.
. I just started putting a small strip of colored masking tape on each side of battery before flight. Only takes a second to tear off a piece an inch long and it adds more confidence to the battery stability. The colored tape adds to it being more visible.

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
i'm 73 going on 10 . " you can tell the age of a boy by the price of his toys " , age is only a number , live every day today and don't think about tomorrow . if my dad was still alive he would be right along my side fighting for the controller , have fun life is short ,

Shoot! I got a corn on he little toe of my left foot older than some of you. Seventy-Eight here.

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
Just a kid then! I bought mine at 76.

I'm 78 and a radio amateur too, DJ0RD/WU5T. I've been using a new digital mode called FT8 and in 6 weeks 48 countries confirmed.

I just love drones of all kinds.
I use the Spark for photos & video (and just for fun).
I have also built two FPV race drones that are a hoot to fly.
The FPV racers are sooooo fast it’s a challenge to control but they does keep ya young at heart.

I'm 67. It seems that there are a lot of us Boomers on here, along with some of the bigger boys we used to blame for doing the bad thing and running away ( rarely true ).

I see a lot of references to the 'inner child', with all of which I agree - my 12 year-old self bought my Spark.

Here's a question: Is it just me or does anyone else feel that whilst they may now be as old as they remember their grandparents being, they are definitely not as elderly?

When I first saw the heading of this thread and that the OP was 70, I thought boy, have I got him beat. However, after glancing through the replies, I see that my 71 years is one of the younger of the repliers.

I just bought my Spark and am boning up on the details so I don't crash it or have a fly-away (see, I'm learning some of the terminology). Would be interested in meeting if any of the responders to this thread are in the Central Virginia area (I'm in Midlothian).

I read the thread title and though I would beeat y'all as I'm 59 and a half.

I hope to still be flying at 70!

I am 70.

Holy Moly! I’m 52 and i thought i was to old for flying drones:)
Keep it up my friends, sure we are getting younger with every flight:)

Hi I bought a tello to see if I would like it and then bought a spark and am loving flying it although I do have trouble with the samsung 5 being so small but there are so many conflicting reports on which tablet to buy that I am totally confused ,by the way I am 80 and love all the modern technology any ideas on the best android tablet I would be very grateful as apparently a lot don,t work with the go4 app
A little late but go with Iphone or Ipad mini 4:) Dji drones work’s better
with Apple products. Just my two cents:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme