Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
I'm 62...Learning the Spark has been fun. I was a prior Parrot Drone owner .

Reactions: Will P.
It’s not us guys that make us old, it’s the world around us. I still enjoy the same things I did as a child, the only difference is now I appreciate it more. I look at the same women, i savor the same foods, i still want to do the same things and more.
I still walk around in mixed company thinking I’m still the same Manny from my late 20’s early 30’s.
It really is the world that won’t let you forget.

64, and fighting it all the way.

Mike, you couldn’t be more right. I guess it’s the kid in me wanting to live forever. It flew by us. Like the Spark in Sportmode:) lol
But hey, wisdom comes at a price. Bumps, scrapes, and hard knocks.

I’ll drink to that.
Cheers

Reactions: ELD.visuals
Its very nice to see the peoples age here.... I didnt know the over age was like that

i thought that majority was over 30, 40 years... even less

i hope to be a drone player with my 70 years...

congratulationsss

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.

Maybe we should start club and call it The Flying Duffers! I'm 70.

I am a Granny who got my Spark for my 84th birthday from my kids. You have a long way to go to be the oldest Spark pilot. I have been lucky with nice weather on the central Calif coast so am learning. I am finding the learning curve rather steep however.
Hello Granny, I guess I am in good company. I am 82 years young, fly a Spark, several helicopters 250 to a 50 nitro, an also planes and gliders. Started in the mid 50s.

You know what they say: "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys." Well, I see we have Granny in here, too, now. We're all kids at heart, especially if we still know how to play. I'm past 70 myself.

I only just turned 65 and I'm about to take the plunge with a Spark to add to my photo hobby, and to use for an upcoming 6 week vacation in Australia. One of my sons (26) flies Inspires & Phantom 4's for his work (lucky) so I'm hoping for some free training :)

I am 70.
I'm 68 this month and still think like a kid.. Looking forward to getting a Spark for my birthday this month...

I'm 69 and still a kid at heart!:) I began flying model planes when I was 7 years old. Started flying RC in 1971 (planes)and have had about everything RC related since. I got my first DJI drone 4 years ago and discovered how much fun it was to take pictures/video from above the ground. You might have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up!:)

Reactions: spark29 and lightbg
What a great thread! I am about to hit 60 in May... and the Spark is my anticipated birthday present.... the wife let it slip so I don't go buying something before then. So glad that folks much more senior are getting out and flying. What a cool hobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe