Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

There's no age limit to fly..... I started with a little parrot drone to begin, mow I own a Spark....but my father started flying indoor with the little parrot...he is 89!... I'm waiting for him asking lemme try the bigger one!

I'm 57 and just started this hobby. My son who is 30 bought a Mavic two months ago and took it along on a month long trip to Sri Lanka. When he got back I was amazed at the footage he got and was instantly hooked. Being retired I couldn't afford the Mavic which I wanted so I got the Spark. I think I will be happy with this little drone.

Dave

I'm one of the young ones here, only 65. I have a P3 Pro, a Mavic and 3 Spark Combos. Enjoy flying them as I live in the country on acreage so I can just send one up whenever my heart desires. But I enjoy the technology and it is always fun learning.

Reactions: Don Bomer
Guys - you having 60 and more seasons behind, if you are here, flying drones and posting on the forum, you are certainly not old - you are just experienced.
I'm fresh 40 and I have friends of less age than me, who are in fact older than you. They already stopped learning and experiencing new things, exploring new ideas...
Fly, film, be happy and get new toys. That is the true secret of eternal youth. You know, we all have just one life - there is no point of wasting it on this all "getting old" nonsense ;)

Guys - you having 60 and more seasons behind, if you are here, flying drones and posting on the forum, you are certainly not old - you are just experienced.
I'm fresh 40 and I have friends of less age than me, who are in fact older than you. They already stopped learning and experiencing new things, exploring new ideas...
Fly, film, be happy and get new toys. That is the true secret of eternal youth. You know, we all have just one life - there is no point of wasting it on this all "getting old" nonsense ;)

Mad Flyer,
When I was 40 I was too busy busting my butt with 2 college tuitions and a mortgage. Never had time for myself. After I paid my responsibility dues, at 55 I wanted a challenge, so I started RC helis. Biggest issue was nose-in, but I got it. Flying the Mavic is almost a non-event compared to a non-GPS tail gyro only ship, but if it does dump me into atti mode I'm prepared to deal with it safely.
One plus - my younger son is now into drones, partly because of me but also because of work - he develops weapon systems for the DOD. And, yeah, he loves to use that old Top Gun line on me...." I could tell you what I do, but then I'll have to kill you" To which I reply "Sure you could, but then they'll lock you up and your mother will be dancing all over Europe"

Jake

Mad Flyer

this is what i always think about "have fun in your life" and try to give it to other people.
So i'm over 57 and bought my first drone ever. I try to learn to respect the rules and become a "good" pilot and some day i hope i can show here my first video.
So have fun, dont think about age or something else.
Life is too short to think about that, life is for life.
Greetings from Austria.

Well said, I tip my hat.

Well you got me by just a few...I’m 66 and have had the Spark since June. It’s my first drone and until I explore all its capabilities and get proficient at flying it well...(had one collision with a oak tree,it’s a tough little sucker!!) it will be my only drone. I think DJI has had a major hit with it especially with us “older” guys.

I am 66 and still like a kid at Christmas. Have the Phantom4; Mavic Pro and Spark. They are all so cool. Now have the bug real bad to add the Mavic Air to the fleet. Been watching YouTube for 10 days on that Air and will pull the trigger soon.....ha.
Very good,I have been eying the air also.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers