Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

After crash - command timed out, choppy video transmission

jyeh001

Join
Oct 25, 2017
My SPARK hit some tree branches after suddenly accelerating when I was bring it back in low to the ground. I am using a SPARK with a remote control and iPad Mini 2.

After the crash, the SPARK still seems to fly without a problem. But multiple other problems have popped up that were never an issue before:

1) although the drone gets the green GPS signal and responds immediately to joystick controls, I get a "command timed out" error when I try to launch the drone from the ground, or bring it straight down. The "command timed out" message comes out, and then about 20s later, the drone follows the command. The video record button in DJI Go 4 also no longer responds immediately.

2) the video feed sometimes blacks out now, even when the drone is still very close to me, without 50 yards. The video transmission weak message comes out a lot more than it used to. I recorded a video, and the entire video is there, even during the parts where my iPad display was blacked out.

3) one issue that did occur was that the gimble first shook violently on start-up, and then was locked looking straight down. I did a reset of the whole drone (by holding the battery button in for 9 seconds until I get 3 beeps), and that seems to have solved the problem.

4) I also had to do a compass recalibration and an IMU recalibration. the IMU recalibration seems to have worked. I thought the compass recalibration was fine, too, but on starting again, I am still getting that error (but I am inside now).

problems #1 and #2 have not gone away. Does anyone know if something is broken and needs to be replaced, or if this can be fixed otherwise?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67