Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Active Track on water, surfing

dmcd38

Join
Nov 29, 2017
Hey guys, just want to show you my new video testing Active Track on the DJI SPARK

Everything except the last wave was shot with Active Track mode which works really great in this conditions.

Even better than we expected!

cheers :)

Reactions: Row-Bot
may i know. when Upon flying above water .Do you switch sensor Off because it cannot detech ground ?

Who was driving the spark?

Hello everyone :)
Thanks for the comments!
The name of the sport is KayakSurfing!
Everything except the last wave was shot with Active Track mode, i was at the beach with remote in my hand in case of emergency but it behaved way better than what we expected to be honest, was really impressive!

cheers and subscribe to my channel for more videos ;)

Awesome work. I lost my Spark week-end before last in some trees whilst active tracking a wakeboarder on a river (I was also driving the boat). All was going well until the drone was in front of us flying backwards.

Lessons about another operator, altitude settings, and river positioning all well learned.

Sorry to ear that Rog42!
You can also block drone from flying backwards, i think theres a setting that i disabled that said that.
Also, to have someone watching the drones altitude and movements is always better.
Going to get a new one??

DMCD - did you have the phone with you and use dynamic RTH or leave the remote on the beach with someon?

adamj2281, i was watching the drone with the remote in my hand on the beach :) didnt need to do anything tough.. worked perfectly!
My friend was on the water kayaking.
cheers

Yeah, I tried it with the remote on the beach, worked really well except...................I forgot to hit record (doh).

Tried a second battery, but my hands were about to freeze off and the waves were dropping quick, so it was short lived I'll try again when we get waves, and/or it's not snowing (I live in Charleston, SC) and for some reason winter has decided to visit us.

(I live in Charleston, SC) and for some reason winter has decided to visit us.

I heard that central Florida may even see some snow (flurries).

I enjoy snowmobiling and some of my best friends are "Flakes" :).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast