Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.2.8 app

ulnar

Join
Feb 12, 2018
Have some one test this new update with spark and android?... Let me ask... It has returned otg use to android or may I stay stuck at 4.1.15?

Regards,

It seem as though it's mostly for the mavric air once again and spark has been left out. I'm fuming with dgi if this is the case.

Latest version for me is showing as 4.2.6 (check new updates show I am up to date). Google Play shows it also as 4.2.6; probably slow roll-out.

Anybody else having a problem?
My spark seems super twitchy today. I'm upgraded 100% all the current firmware. I flew with my iPod touch and my Android via WiFi. Maybe it's not the app, I'm just trouble shooting. I recalibrated the IMU and the compass and had no change.

Have any of you got data back on otg 4.2.8
I'm getting some data on otg just tried. This is using Samsung galaxy s8. Otg cable, WiFi totally off I'm getting hight and speed, distance and battery is still showing as n/a and Satellites is working

20180325_095911.jpg

Still nothing working over otg and Wi-Fi is laggy as hell on 4.2.8 I've gone back to mod .2 app and uninstalled go 4. I'm getting really angry with dji how long are they going to keep us Europe stuck on 4.1.15 it's been nearly 5 months

On Android the update to 4.2.8 is automatic when you open DJI GO 4.2.6
start downloading a resource file and update the app
Anyway, when 4.2.8 start, ask me for a firmware update o_O
Anyone with this problem ?

I got the update a couple days ago. No otg support. I have been having issues with the app connecting to the controllers wifi though. The controller has a green light showing that it is connected to the spark and my phone shows that it is connected to the remotes wifi but my app is still showing disconnected with the enter aircraft button instead of go fly.

Reactions: Alastair
I've got DJI GO 4.2.6,and use iOS. I don't have any problems so far? I can fly wireless, or with the OTG! I use the OTG when I'm around a bunch of people, because as you will find out, someone WILL have their cell phone with WiFi on in close by you! With OTG I just put the tablet in airplane mode and make sure the wifi is off. That solves that problem! When I'm out by myself,I fly with WiFi! I don't see any diffrence in range at all?

Every time I snap a photo now it disconnects and then comes back on is anyone else having this problem on the s8 4.2.8.

Is this just a problem with Android devices? I use a iOS phone, and Tablet with or without OTG (works either way),but if it's set up to just work with iOS, then that just sucks, as many people use Android devices!:(

Is this just a problem with Android devices? I use a iOS phone, and Tablet with or without OTG (works either way),but if it's set up to just work with iOS, then that just sucks, as many people use Android devices!:(
It doesn't just suck for Android users, it sucks for DJI as well. Last time I checked Android has close to 90% of the global market of mobile devices currently in use, so DJI are basically shooting themselves in the foot. Every Android user that has a crap experience with a DJI product will blame it on the drone, not the device they are using, and that will eventually hurt DJI's bottom line.

Reactions: Seanjo and Ron_Dog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers