Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

3 Months Later

jleone15022

Join
Jul 19, 2017
So here I am after 3 and a half months of owning the Spark. What can I say about this little machine that hasn't already been said?

I have almost 300 flights on it and i have only had to replace 1 prop due to my own fault and stepping on it. I've taken it quite some distance and had it at max height and in sport mode and using gestures and it performs flawlessly.

Of course I've had a few "**** my pants" moments as well but because I didn't panic, everything went smooth.

I bought my Spark on a whim on EBay along with a Parrot Bebop 2. I love them both but the Spark is by far my favorite. It's so portable and reliable. I have tried every single feature and even tried hacked apps but i always go back to the standard app on my regular device for the majority of my flights. Actually, I don't even bother with the hacked app anymore.

I have a dedicated device for just flying with on android and it has been perfect. I use OTG and have the "fly more" kit with the controller and that's the onky way I fly.

This is my 1st DJI product and it seems like it may not be my last as it has far exceeded my expectations.

I see alot of people having problems with theirs and I'm just thankful that mine seems to work trouble free. I don't push my limits though and i do fly sensibility so maybe that's why I have had great success with it.

Do you find that when it tracks you to the limit in gesture mode ( 20 metres or so, ) no more gestures are recognised?

Do you find that when it tracks you to the limit in gesture mode ( 20 metres or so, ) no more gestures are recognised?
For me, everything works as it should. Even gestures. I can send it away with a wave and it does it's thing without issue. The only problem I've ever had there was being washed out by the sun and when I gave the beckon gesture, it didn't respond. Instead it went up to 45 meters and returned to the home point about 25 feet away. There's even a work around to get it to record video in gesture and it works very well.

Hi. Thanks for reply - but not what I asked.
Sorry. I have never tried tracking very far in gesture. I like to have my controller connected at all times for the information so i honestly don't have an answer to your question.

I can't get the gesture mode working at all. Also not interested so I don't miss it. Maybe give it another try over the weekend

Yeah, I'm really impressed with the Spark. Its become my "go to" drone when I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing some shooting. I'll throw it in my backpack and go. Take it out and fly, and shoot pics/videos. I too have not had any issues with mine or any of my DJI drones. I think part of not having issues is "listening" to what the drone is telling you before you fly and having a checklist. When I say listening, I mean not ignoring warnings, or long delays in connecting, or locking on to satellites; making sure the drone is really ready to fly....

Reactions: jleone15022
So here I am after 3 and a half months of owning the Spark. What can I say about this little machine that hasn't already been said?

I have almost 300 flights on it and i have only had to replace 1 prop due to my own fault and stepping on it. I've taken it quite some distance and had it at max height and in sport mode and using gestures and it performs flawlessly.

Of course I've had a few "**** my pants" moments as well but because I didn't panic, everything went smooth.

I bought my Spark on a whim on EBay along with a Parrot Bebop 2. I love them both but the Spark is by far my favorite. It's so portable and reliable. I have tried every single feature and even tried hacked apps but i always go back to the standard app on my regular device for the majority of my flights. Actually, I don't even bother with the hacked app anymore.

I have a dedicated device for just flying with on android and it has been perfect. I use OTG and have the "fly more" kit with the controller and that's the onky way I fly.

This is my 1st DJI product and it seems like it may not be my last as it has far exceeded my expectations.

I see alot of people having problems with theirs and I'm just thankful that mine seems to work trouble free. I don't push my limits though and i do fly sensibility so maybe that's why I have had great success with it.

very nice Jleone15022 now if we can only figure out how to not let fog disturb the bottom sensors reading 0m and force it to autoland :\ https://sparkpilots.zone/members/jleone15022.1123/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe