Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1st Flight of day: SparkRC Wifi SSID only works after restart the RC

Join
Aug 28, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm with an issue: on my 1st flight of the day, I turn on the Spark and then the RC and a few seconds the RC is linked to the Spark (green led indicator) but the Wifi SSID does not work. I have to turn of the RC, turn it on again, wait for the new link with Spark (it`s more fast then the first connection) and then the SparkRC Wifi SSID is showed on my iPhone. Tested with an iPad mini 2 and the same issue. Anybody can help me?

Did you had both devices active (iphone and iPad) with you at that moment ?
If they have no other wifi active, they could have catch the RC wifi. More than one device can connect to the RC wifi, but only one can be in control.

Did you had both devices active (iphone and iPad) with you at that moment ?
If they have no other wifi active, they could have catch the RC wifi. More than one device can connect to the RC wifi, but only one can be in control.
Hi Dronason,

No. I made the test with iPhone and iPad on different days. I never carry booth devices when Fly... I did the iPad test to guarantee that it’s not an issue of my iPhone device...

When you say don't work, you don't see it? You cannot connect to it? Or in Go4 it don't connect?
I am afraid that with wifi there are moments like that and if they don't repeat, that has to be accepted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

It's a problem I have to. When I boot up everything up for the first time, I need to restart te RC to see the RCssid on my phone. I fly in a nature space and using a dedicated phone for the spark with no other apps on it, in airplainmode with wifi enabled.
After the restart of the RC the ssid comes viewable on my phone.
Maybe a update of the RC will fix that I hope.

Just sounds like you're not waiting long enough (or hitting refresh) for the phone to detect the RC's network.

This happens to me 50% of the times as well. The RC controller SSID will not show up under wifi networks unless I restart the controller, no matter how long I wait. It pops up immediately after I restart it. I'm using iPhone 6, so it might be a problem with that phone as well, dunno. But it's annoying as hell.

I use an iPad mini 2 and I always have to manually connect as the iPad has last connected to my home router SSID.

kind of same problem for me, i connect each time with my iPhone 7 but on my iPad mini 2 have to try a lot until it's ok, i switch OFF/ON the spark and some time it's OK without changing ANY parameters or password :(

When I land my spark after a flight and switch of the Spark and RC I always forget the RC wifi settings on my tablet, next time I fly I just rescan the wifi on my tablet enter the RC pasdword...I've found that it's a hit or miss with the wifi connection to the RC, so I'm better of starting from scratch each time I fly

Did you try to “forget” the network and then find it again.
I don’t have the problem with neither my iphone 5s, se or ipad (5th. gen).
When away from my home wifi, they always autoconnect to the rc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme