Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

107 test stuff

I have had a few, Turbo Ace 830?, and the Turbo Ace Matrix. We use the Inspire 1x5, and Spark now. I have built my own imaging relay to ground units, old school. Everyone is spoiled now because everything you buy requires very little skill to take a picture. Those that say the Spark is a toy are not using it to its potential. Its not the tool your using but the persons/pilots capability in flying, in control (cinematically) and their photography/videography editing skills. We have those skills. Not the best, not the worst, but above average.
I would upload a short vid we did but its to large for this site.

Reactions: Drones_ES_MD
I have had a few, Turbo Ace 830?, and the Turbo Ace Matrix. We use the Inspire 1x5, and Spark now. I have built my own imaging relay to ground units, old school. Everyone is spoiled now because everything you buy requires very little skill to take a picture. Those that say the Spark is a toy are not using it to its potential. Its not the tool your using but the persons/pilots capability in flying, in control (cinematically) and their photography/videography editing skills. We have those skills. Not the best, not the worst, but above average.
I would upload a short vid we did but its to large for this site.
You can always post to YT then link here

Understand, I am 56 years old, arthritis in the hands, and so my smoothness could be better, they the Town wanted something to advertise. I made a mapping plan on what I was going to do. Called the local sites that need notfication, my wife created the FAA report on flight time, location, maintenance on the rig, checked the weather and flew a quick one...:)
Thanks
Kevin

Yes, and it is a toy compared to others :), BUT, its unobtrusive, somewhat quiet, and definetly small. Garners little if any attention. Where my TA Matrix, was a 2hp 15" propped flying beast with a Sony camera and 2 Gopros (made custom mounts for those.)
Trust me that little toy has improved my confidence in flying and made it easier to find places to fly. The Inspire for how great it is, generates much attention...:)

Wrong. It does. Youtube and FB generate monies by likes and shares. That is considered commercial gain. Contact Traverse legal who are our attorneys for our aerial op. We have had a FAA letter in the past because of this type of situation.
Our local FSDO (Flight Safety District Office), if you know what one is, Robert Lacourse, can educate you possible on safety and commercial operation. This is our WNY office.

PS. Are they going to catch everyone?, probably not. According to him that is how they monitor safety first. They look at social media, just like any investigative entity does.
Sorry but you are wrong. For example, there is no monetization on my YouTube channel nor my Facebook page. None. The FAA would have no reason to think or say otherwise. There's nothing "non-hobby" about them.

There was one widely reported case in 2015 where an FAA inspector sent a letter to one drone pilot about his YouTube channel and monetization, but the FAA subsequently walked back this type of "enforcement". Note also that this occurred prior to Part 107 being enacted.

This can go back and forth as much as you want. A firm we used Traverse Legal spelled this out for us. Anything that can be used for monetary gain whether it be Youtube, FB or a website you use is considered commercial. I’m done with it. Unless laws have be rewritten this was explained to us back when we applied for a 333. We have taken the steps to be commercial and the hoops and money we paid. You can think what you want. There are thousands of Aerial YTube videos and Facebook posts. If someone complains then you may receive a letter. We have in the past before Aerial imaging became everyone’s thing to do. It’s usually the ones that bought a rig with no experience that thinks the rules don’t apply to them. We follow them the best we can. To hammer it in WE were given a letter and called out because of someone accusing us that didn’t know we were commercial. I’m not posting the FAA letter we received but we had to prove they were wrong and we did.

I have the Part 107 license.
I recommend studying for it to better understand airspace, weather, and to read sectional maps, but not spending the money to take the exam. You could buy three Spark batteries with the $150 exam fee.
In terms of commercial work, I'm sure there's a lot of it out there, but I have yet to make a dime, and I've done three shoots for friends. Fortunately, making money was never my intent.
If you get an opportunity to put the Spark to work, such as real estate for a friend, you could always just accept a donation.
Recently, I read a news article that the FAA was 'encouraging', but not enforcing (how could they) the 107 requirement to use a drone commercially. I think the 107 is really for production companies. The story was from the perspective of a licensed pilot, who was competing with others who don't have the license. Naturally, he would like to see the law enforced.
Buy more batteries, you will get more bang for the buck.

Reactions: KD Action Photo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers